sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
a big giant stick, (optionally) magnetized, curved, to get all the good stuff out from under the machine. these ain't so simple to use, and if'n you used one in my neck of the woods, you'd be asked alot of questions and kicked out of the grocery store. Sag makes and sells them for $150 a piece, if you want one send him a PM.

709580d1354829618-coinstar-finds-p1020764.jpg

Problems with your post:

1. It's not magnetized (would interfere with the parts of the machine; it is magnetic though)
2. I don't sell it
3. If I would sell it, I wouldn't charge $150 for a piece of steel worth $2
4. My dad makes them, not me

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found over $48 last year, a 3rd. of that was found in the reject slot of Coinstar machines.

kiggity

Dec 12, 2012
I had my first CoinStar machine find today. I found a steel penny and a 10 Sene Somoan coin. Both pretty cool finds.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Use a ruler. That way you may not get charged with vandalism.

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As of January 1st,2013 I've found $1.25,some Euro's and some Pesos's in the reject slot at the Coinstar machine at my store,also found a pair of earings in there to.

OP
OP
sagittarius98

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
I had my first CoinStar machine find today. I found a steel penny and a 10 Sene Somoan coin. Both pretty cool finds.

The 10 sene seem to be worth around 15 to 30 cents. I don't have one yet. I think someone found a 50 sene in a half roll.

FloridaFinder

Aug 27, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
sagittarius98 said:
They are steel. There are only a couple 1944 steel cents in existence.

Got my hopes up but mine is a 1943-D.

eolson3

Apr 11, 2011
i put canadian quarters in the vending machines in america and get back american quarters :)
Now that's an idea! I have a bank that gives me all the rejects during the week for free. plenty of Canadian quarters...

OP
OP
sagittarius98

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
Now that's an idea! I have a bank that gives me all the rejects during the week for free. plenty of Canadian quarters...

It's a moral debate, you are defrauding the machine. I've done it the other way around, I needed some quarters in Canada, so I put some US quarters in. I know in Britain, the old 10 pence had a .1 mm larger diameter than the new 2 pound coin, increasing the value by 20 times (the old 10 pence is now demonetized in favor of the new 10 pence).

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
ah I love lazy and dumb folks --too dumb to listen for the clank clank of rejected american silver and foreign coins or too lazy to fetch them from the reject slot * either way it is music to my ears and money for my pockets -- i have seen jewelry in the catch pan under the "coin dump tray" -- lots of stud type earrings -- both of the diamond chip and post type made of silver and gold --even a thin gold 14 k herringbone type necklace once (score!)--one place used to keep all their canadain coins for me , i saved up 80 bucks canadain over several months which I then mailed up to a coin shop in canada for "american silver coins" -- when the coins came in sold one of them to recoup my mailing cost up bound to canada (which I had to pay for in "american money")-- however I used canadian coins help to pay the return postage from canada --so after iit was all said and done -- I wound up with several free us silver coins --tah dah.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread