Coinstar Finds

theekman

Jan 1, 2013
Illinois
Detector(s) used
garrett ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have found a handful of silver dimes and quarters. Even more clad coins and foreign coins.

If you ask at a bank if they can open the machine is the customer allowed to keep anything in the internal reject tray? I've heard of people doing this but do tellers have first dibs on anything or are they allowed to have first dibs?

palidin20603

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found my first silver in a Coinstar at the grocer. 1947 Dime so black from dirt in the relief and silvery for the raised design. It is a neat coin. HH

rpg25

Dec 9, 2012
Earth
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have found a handful of silver dimes and quarters. Even more clad coins and foreign coins.

If you ask at a bank if they can open the machine is the customer allowed to keep anything in the internal reject tray? I've heard of people doing this but do tellers have first dibs on anything or are they allowed to have first dibs?

What's in the tray is yours. Not there's, yours. Since they don't know if they are from the last person who dumped coins, they have to assume they are yours. If they are taking coins from the reject try when they open the machine, say something. That's your money.

theekman

Jan 1, 2013
Illinois
Detector(s) used
garrett ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What's in the tray is yours. Not there's, yours. Since they don't know if they are from the last person who dumped coins, they have to assume they are yours. If they are taking coins from the reject try when they open the machine, say something. That's your money.

Does the machine have to malfunction to have them open it, or do u just say you think you dumped something on accident and want to see if its in there?

DaytonaRacer

May 21, 2013
NJ
Detector(s) used
BH Tracker IV,
Fisher F22,
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Other

I love when my dumps exceed the remaining capacity of their bags. Because then when they open the machine I always get to look in the chute and pull out "my" coins. ;)

OP
OP
sagittarius98

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
Does the machine have to malfunction to have them open it, or do u just say you think you dumped something on accident and want to see if its in there?

I told the tellers once I collect foreign coins and noticed some foreign on the magnet. They said they always threw the coins out, and they always give them to me now. I am allowed to keep anything, but US, although I can buy US at face and they don't know about silver.

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
All my mega finds have been via coinstar. First find was $11.70 in quarters and dimes. The secondary one that was my biggest was $ 23.80 via coinstar. These are extremely few and far between. You have to watch the coinstars. Some people are getting smart enough to take their change with them, others pounce on that machine the second someone leaves like a cat on catnip. I am hopeing to go back to work this upcoming sunday and get back into the CRHing game. Keep looking and if you can get away with it, check the garbages next to the machine. If anyone makes a guff about it, tell them you dropped a receipt and need it for a return. You would be surprised at how many people have thrown change away into the garbage afterward.

Sincerely, Garoulady

Hunter612

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2013
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400
Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got my first coin star find today. I have no clue what it is or where it came from. It says Helvetia 1963. Anybody know what it is?

Attachments

• image-3424412262.jpg
    image-3424412262.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 91
  • image-2936228546.jpg
    image-2936228546.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 94
Last edited:

Hunter612

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2013
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400
Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Helvetia

The cross is a dead give away...

Thank you for posting a link. I am having trouble with Internet safari. It won't let me get on the Internet unless I have an app for the website. I can't google anything. It also won't let me answer calls. My dad is going to look at it later. Hopefully it isn't broken. I would have googled this if I could have.

Last edited:

Hunter612

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2013
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400
Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for posting a link. I am having trouble with Internet safari. It won't let me get on the Internet unless I have an app for the website. I can't google anything. It also won't let me answer calls. My dad is going to look at it later. Hopefully it isn't broken. I would have googled this if I could have.

My dad fixed my phone when he got home from work. I am very glad because if he had not been able to fix it I would have had to use my crh funds to buy a new phone.

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
scariest none-CRHing find via coinstar - I found 6 22LR bullets in a machine,3 of which had those black talon tips, forgot the technical term. I would almost be afraid to shoot those.

Sincerely, Garoulady

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread