Coinstar Finds

thurmownator

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
Hadn't had luck before .................but today was different:

One copper cent (72d), five "zincolns", one US dime, an '02 Cuban one centavo and a US war nickel (43P).

Will have to check more often. 8)

patpall22

Jul 4, 2006
Carmel ca/ Big Sur ca
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, whites DFX, XP DEUS, etrac and sandshark
Coinstar finds are awesome. I have a jar that I keep all of my coinstar finds in. I haven't counted it up yet but it's quite a bit of change. I always go out of my way to look and have noticed a that the BLUE machines quite often have have left over change. The blue ones (at least in CA) are older and don't have that annoying voice that tells you to get your rejects. I got to the market even if I don't buy anything just to take a peek. I have found a few silver Rosie's too.

mm12000

May 18, 2007
O have found a penny or 2 before, but today i hit the jackpot. I got 50 pennies (all mems), 2 dimes, and a quarter, plus 4.10 Euros, .11 canadian, 1 5 schilling(Kenya), a 2 dollars hong kong, as well as a flattened I heart NY penny, a gaming token from lake tahoe, and a "luck of the Irish" token. Kinda makes up for all those times I looked and didn't find anything...

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bump back to the top.

My first coinstar finds. Stopped to get a little coin hunting cash this AM at my local grocery store. (I have one bank that insists that I have an active account to get their free services. So I write a check at grocery stores, get cash, buy coins and then deposit the coins back at the bank. ::) if my account shows activity for three months I get a free $75 cash card ;D ;D ;D)

Well on my way out I take my normal quick look in the coinstar reject tray, again nothing. Then I happen to look up at the empty clear plastic brochure holder. Several item had been thrown up there. I felt a little funny fishing into the bottom of the brochure holder, thought I say silver. Left the pennies for another time.

I got:
1 brass car wash token
1 10¢ mexico coin (looks silver but know it isn't)
2 flat batteries (dime & quarter size)
1 cardboard circle the size of a quarter

So always check out other parts of the machine that might hold coins, even the trash can if it is close.

dmc161

Dec 8, 2007
Fremont, CA
Detector(s) used
MXT
I always make a habit of peeking in the coin tray as I pass the machine in our local store. Today was a good day, the coin tray was FULL. I pulled out $14.71 in change. Nothing significant but did get a 1937 penny and coin from Singapore.

mm12000

May 18, 2007
Found 2.96 the other day in one of those COINmaster machines (probably owned by coinstar too, lol). Had 15 dimes, 4 quarters, and the rest was nickels and pennies - however, one of the pennies was a 44-d in pretty decent shape, so that was cool too...

dmc161

Dec 8, 2007
Fremont, CA
Detector(s) used
MXT
DesertTumbleweed402 said:
I'm always paranoid that someone's going to yell at me for digging around in the reject tray. lol

I'm not usually because it's typically just a quick swipe in and out of the tray but did feel a little paranoid when I found that $14.71 sitting in the tray because I literally had to reach in 3-4 times grabbing a handful of coins each time and tossing them quickly into my purse. The machine is up front close to the customer service desk (where you turn in the coinstar tickets for redemption) and being the semi good samaritan that I am :icon_queen:, did glance over there to see if maybe whoever had left all that change might still be up there redeeming their ticket so I could let them know they left quite a chunk of change behind but there wasn't even a clerk up there.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread