What's new

Coinstar Heart Attack!

Terry Soloman

Platinum Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
May 28, 2010
Messages
21,763
Reaction score
35,456
Golden Thread
1
Location
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Reach into the reject tray and I come out with 96-cents in change. Start looking through it an BAM! This puppy made me think I had found the most valuable mint error coin in history! I was pretty embarrassed when I looked it up.
IMG_9170.webp
IMG_9171.webp
 
Upvote 21
When the state quarters came out in ‘99, I was excited to start collecting all 50 like everyone else…
Then came the state park quarters, then I turned 40, got harder so see mint marks, and then there were so many varieties….
What am I doing? These are worth 25¢, there are billions being made, why am I wasting my time.
I haven’t looked at a quarter since.
I had to look up yours… it’s 2 years old, and it’s the first time I’ve seen that.
Great that you found 25 cents!
 
I know people that have spent DAYS collecting the quarters, When the set is complete the set is worth $12.50
 
When the state quarters came out in ‘99, I was excited to start collecting all 50 like everyone else…
Then came the state park quarters, then I turned 40, got harder so see mint marks, and then there were so many varieties….
What am I doing? These are worth 25¢, there are billions being made, why am I wasting my time.
I haven’t looked at a quarter since.
I had to look up yours… it’s 2 years old, and it’s the first time I’ve seen that.
Great that you found 25 cents!
I collected quarters as well...the 2009 ...was the hardest to get...I can't remember the place...maybe Puerto Rico or another place, Samoa ? Maybe I'll pour them in my local sorter...
 
Yes they are all fun to FIND But i am not going to spend much time sorting them out
 
Last edited:
I feel that many of the quarters produced in the early 2020's are easily confused for errors due to being poorly designed. I bet most cashiers these days would accept Chuck-E-Cheese tokens as quarters, dismissing the face of the rat for simply a new quarter design, and "No Cash Value" as some sort of historic slogan of our founding fathers.
 
I feel that many of the quarters produced in the early 2020's are easily confused for errors due to being poorly designed. I bet most cashiers these days would accept Chuck-E-Cheese tokens as quarters, dismissing the face of the rat for simply a new quarter design, and "No Cash Value" as some sort of historic slogan of our founding fathers.
Could probably get away with using the punch outs from electrical boxes!
 
Could probably get away with using the punch outs from electrical boxes!
Yes, people may just assume it was a cost saving measure to have galvanized blank quarters. 🤣👍
 
Terry NEXT time you get a questionable coin. Call me or better yet JUST SEND it to me . No return address needed either :) HAHAHAHAHA
 
I have never seen or heard of that one!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom