Coinstar --- quarter?

Liu21

Dec 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/BH Platinum, (Garret Pro-Pointer)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Coin stars and TD bank counters are the best place for silver quarters

Darth Walker

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found one silver quarter once. A couple of silver rosies too.

DustDevilMarc

Feb 12, 2014
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have found three silver quarters in CoinStar machines over the past four weeks.

Today I found a 1964 quarter and a dime from both 1950 and 1957 ( these are silver, of course). Along with these coins were $3.82 in US coins, a 1992 New Peso from Mexico, a 1998 50 Satang from Thailand, and a handful of Canadian coins. Perhaps you can tell I am the first to volunteer to get milk when we are out. The CoinStar machine at our neighborhood grocery store has been very good to me.

norcalsteve

Sep 30, 2013
Petaluma, CA
Detector(s) used
36" Bazooka Prospector, Gold-n-Sand hand dredge
I found a beautifull 1963d quarter last month in a coin star reject slot.

DFW_THer

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2008
Coinslaughtersville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett Carrot Glued To A Stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I found a BU 1964 quarter in a coin star in Hawaii. Didn't pay for the trip. Bahaha

mountainman 2

Bronze Member
Aug 9, 2006
Extreme Northern NJ
Detector(s) used
whites classic sl,whites surfmaster,garrett ATX,minelab vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found silver only once in a coinstar and it was a quarter

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have found an Indian head cent, multiple foreign coins, steel cent, wheats, war nickels, silver dimes, and my Dad found not one but two large cents... yet to find a quarter.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The coinstars by me kick out wheats, due to the weight I was told by a tech working on it. Have found mercs and one quarter.

On another thread I mentioned that you should be checking the perforated tray where you dump the coins. Small pieces of jewelry and earrings fall through with the dust. I couldn't even cound how many CZ studs and a few diamonds I've pulled out of the dust along with gold hoop style earrings. A pencil and a blob of gum or that putty used to hang pics on the walls works excellent.

mxh5891

Feb 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just checked a coinstar at a walmart. Found a reject tray full of rupee coins from India. Glad I took them though because hidden in the handful was a lone 1964 dime. Now I need to figure out what to do with the rupees?

jagchaser

Apr 9, 2015
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Minelab ctx 3030, XP Deus, Gold Bug 2, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just checked a coinstar at a walmart. Found a reject tray full of rupee coins from India. Glad I took them though because hidden in the handful was a lone 1964 dime. Now I need to figure out what to do with the rupees?

Give them away. I was trading coins once at the airport in frankfurt when I started talking to an indian couple. He pulled out some 500 rupee notes and just gave them to me, not worth squat lol

mxh5891

Feb 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Give them away. I was trading coins once at the airport in frankfurt when I started talking to an indian couple. He pulled out some 500 rupee notes and just gave them to me, not worth squat lol

Yeah I looked up the exchange rate and saw that 1 rupee = .015 dollars

clv

Dec 23, 2012
santee, ca
Detector(s) used
Current Detectors; Minelab Safari, Equinox 600
TRX Pin Pointer, Fisher 1235x
Have owned; Minelab Eureka gold,
Tesoro Compadre, White's MX5, GMT, MXT Pro,
fisher cz7a pro, go fine 20, Garret Ma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
first time I used a coin machine I found a silver quarter and dime. My Cu has a machine in the lobby, free for customers and 9% if your not.
Coinstar charges 11%

SnakemanBill

Apr 24, 2008
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you guys looking someplace other than the reject bin? I have never found a single coin in a coinstar reject chute.

mxh5891

Feb 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you guys looking someplace other than the reject bin? I have never found a single coin in a coinstar reject chute.

I have found tons of coins in the reject slot. I have lots of coins tars in my area. Certain ones produce more then others. Certain ones I have found zero coins in. It's all being there at the right time.

That being said it pays to check under the machine, next to the machine, and in the basket where the coins get dumped it. I have found coins in all those places. People put their rejects in all kind of weird places. I have even seen them in a trash can next to the machine. My best was a mercury dime that was under the machine.

bertmaster2000

Dec 19, 2013
Northern US
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not a quarter but I walked by a coinstar in a grocery last night and saw a ring beneath the "input" tray. It looked like white gold with a few stones, but it could be only junk. I may go back and fish it out when the store is open tomorrow.

Merry Christmas to me? :)

dantheman2745

Jul 15, 2015
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got a 1964, wasnt a coinstar but it was a self serve machine at a bank.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread