What's new

CoinVac pays again

coin_diver

Full Member
Joined
Oct 3, 2003
Messages
142
Reaction score
21
Golden Thread
0
Location
Syracuse, ny
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, xl500 (27 yrs) XLT (17 yrs)
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Three feet into the bottom and the goodies started coming up. Stinky muck but worth it.
Stay tuned and I'll be deeper later this week.
18k chain
14k childs chain
antique platinum ring
 

Attachments

  • S6307935.webp
    S6307935.webp
    218.8 KB · Views: 665
  • S6307936.webp
    S6307936.webp
    104.9 KB · Views: 651
Upvote 0
Nice finds! :icon_thumleft:

What detector were you using?
 
Thanks. Well you may laugh but after buying and trying new units I stick with my Garrett xl500 pulse. 25 years in this machine and it just keeps going. Just goes to show that you need to learn your detector.
But, none of this was found using a detector, just working blind.
 
CD, your post suggests your digging rather than detecting?

Interesting coincidence, I was spearfishing on the weekend and ended up in an area of highish rocks with about 6' or so of water over a clean sand bottom. I have seen people jumping off these rocks in the past and figured there would have to be some goodies buried in the sand.
Picked the most likely looking spot, took up a vertical position and started fanning the sand with my flippers, was hard work but after an hour I had moved an enormous amount of sand and had found exactly $55 in coins, 3 silver rings, one silver bracelet, one toe ring, a junk pendant and a junk ear ring.
There has to be gold there. Going back soon to have another go but taking the Excal just to see if I miss anything.
 
That water has to be pretty cold up there this time of the year.............. But still nice finds.....That ring is a nice find i like that.
 
ever notice how the cold does not matter when you find gold?
wtg- keep up the good work!
 
urdaboss said:
ever notice how the cold does not matter when you find gold?
wtg- keep up the good work!
I notice ...Gold and Platinum.............
 
Sounds like a new fad may be in the works.
 
If your coin-vac sucks, is that a good thing or bad thing? :icon_scratch:
 
Suck is a good thing!
In the old days people once used a term "dredge" however it became politically incorrect. Then alas, along came the CoinVac and never again was the term used to scare off the less informed.
watch the video http://coindiver.com
 
I wonder where those are, and arent, legal...
I cant imagine them letting us use them in Florida.... I can think of a couple places I would like to use them here....
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom