COLD-MUD-RAIN & FUN

Pennyworth

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2006
COLD-MUD-RAIN & FUN

Today I was driving to a bowling alley to get fitted for a bowling ball and I passed 3 men in a large feild metal detecting. It was raining, very cold and ground was soggy and muddy. Of course I turned the car around and drove up to where they were detecting and walked into the mud like a little kid; it's not often you see anyone metal detecting in the middle of winter around here.

Of course I said those imfamous words, "Did you find anything?". LOL The one guy showed me a large cent,it's the first I have ever seen. It was so covered in mud we couldn't read the date. The guys told me there was an old house on the lot that the city burned down a few days ago, so they were checking it out. They had been there two days in a row and I'm sure they will continue to search the area as it is very large. The other man found a large cent the day before,and a half dollar.

I didn't have my detector with me but I walked around the area for about a half hour and spotted a clad quarter in the mud and a square nail, which I gave to one of the guys. I really wasn't interested in it, as I like coins and other relic items.

Anyways, it turns out that I finally made contact with the Buckeye Searchers Association of N. E. Ohio today. I met the president of the group and two other nice guys, and they invited me to join the group meetings each month and gave the club information. I have been looking for the last year for some information about it, and today it came to me. :)

When I left my shoes were covered in mud as well as the bottom of my jeans, and I'm thinking about going out tomorrow for a short time to see if I can find just one old coin. I must really love metal detecting or been absolutely crazy to play in the mud. ;D

Upvote 0

Huntin' 59er

Apr 27, 2005
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: COLD-MUD-RAIN & FUN

Welcome Penny to the forum ! It sounds like you have been bitten by the Treasure bug. But that's alright, because it's a great hobby. Good Luck and keep us posted on your finds.

Huntin' 59er

treasures4me2find

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2005
Murphy, N.C.

Yes welcome Penny to TreasureNet and there great forum. Glad to see your crazy about detecting and love to play in the mud. Guess theres a little kid in all of us. Good luck with your hunts.

Ken

trk5capt

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2005
Charleston S.C.

Penny, Welcome to the Forum. I Have to Admit I Have Returned Home A Time or Two Covered in Mud, But if I Have a Couple of Nice Finds in the Goodie Bag it is Worth it. Best of Luck & Keep Us Posted. trk5capt...

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks

You will know you are a true addict when you begin to resemble a contestant in a mud wrestling contest......and you dont even? care ......LOL....and I think perhaps tomorrow ...you just might!...Funny how a little mud,dirt ,grime? doesnt stand in the way when you are on a quest! I remember when I cordinated? high heels to match my outfit......LOL....now its knee pads? and warm boots....and so much nicer! ...But I still try to match! :D

groundfisher

Mar 27, 2005
Merrill,Wi.

Welcome to the forum Penny. Wet ground is the best to detect in,beleive it or not.
With finds like Large Cents and a silver half dollar I,m sure those guys were lovin the mud.
Now get out there and get dirty!
HH!

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma

Congrats on finding a club to join. I'm sure they'll help point you in the right direction for the old coins and relics in your area. Finding them will make you feel a little taller when you walk, and I don't mean the mud caked to the bottom of your shoes. ;) Good luck and HH!
BTW, posting your finds w/o washing them 1st is OK as this forum doesn't mind dirty pics. ;D

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH

Pennyworth,
I don't know if you might post the info here. My son and I go out detecting and have wondered about a club in the area. We might be interested in being a part of it. We are on the west side of Cleveland.

Bob

OP
OP
Pennyworth

Pennyworth

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2006

Mirage said:
Pennyworth,
? I don't know if you might post the info here.? My son and I go out detecting and have wondered about a club in the area.? We might be interested in being a part of it.? We are on the west side of Cleveland.?

Bob

Hi Bob, Here is the information for the club. I also posted in the club forum.

BUCKEYE SEARCHERS ASSOCIATION OF N.E. OHIO

MEETING THE 2ND THURSDAY OF EACH MONTH AT THE SOLON HISTORICAL SOCIETY AT 7:30 P.M.

LOCATED AT THE CORNER OF BAINBRIDGE ROAD AND ROUTE 91

PRESIDENT-JOHN PACANOVSKY

VICE PRESIDENT-TERRY STAHURSKI

SEC./TREASURER-TAMMY KEPLER

SOLON HISTORICAL SOCIETY
33975 BAINBRIDGE RD
SOLON, OHIO 44139

I also have their telephone numbers,but I don't want to post them in a public forum without permission. But if you have any questions about the club I'm sure I could call them and ask. :)

OP
OP
Pennyworth

Pennyworth

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2006

Thanks everyone for the welcome and I'm going to get to that feild hopefully by Thursday.? I didn't have time today.? If I find something unusal, I'll post a picture-mud and all. lol? ;D

Here's to mud in your eye, clothes,detector and COINS!? ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread