What's new

collecting points from around the country

ncnurseryman

Hero Member
Joined
Jul 28, 2013
Messages
803
Reaction score
443
Golden Thread
0
Location
north carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been thinking about starting a collection of points from around the country, sort of like the person who collects pottery from all states. Does anyone else do this and is there a good way of doing it without getting caught up in fakes. :icon_scratch:
 
Upvote 0
Start it and we will contribute to it. I am in for Ohio.
 
I'll donate.

But Grim is way ahead of you and has an awful big collection from the states. Don't know if he got one from ALL fifty yet though.

Hawaii may be tough.
 
I am only looking for the lower 48 states, but mine is with a catch, I need to find them myself. I have about 20 states down so far, but more to go. good luck with your quest!
 
Hawaii hmm. Has anyone ever found anything there that you know of?
 
I'm in one state south of Larson.
 
Ha. I can't see any details on my phone. Will have to get on the puter.
 
I'll donate.

But Grim is way ahead of you and has an awful big collection from the states. Don't know if he got one from ALL fifty yet though.

Hawaii may be tough.

The last time I spoke to SRV about his states collection, Hawaii was the state he was missing. He said Hawaiian artifacts are pricy and in all actuality not even Native American artifacts. Polynesian.
 
NC Field Hunter is correct. I have 49 states and the only one I don't have is Hawaii. I haven't really concentrated on getting since they aren't native American and are Polynesian.

Here's a link to the pics of my states collection. I actually have more than what's pictured here. I just haven't posted them on here yet.

All 49 Continental States Collection Photos by DorkFish_77 | Photobucket
 
That's quite a collection. How did you manage to acquire those. I like how you labeled them all for future reference.
 
That's quite a collection. How did you manage to acquire those. I like how you labeled them all for future reference.

Most of them were acquired through trade, but some were also gifts and some were bought. I just got on the several forums I was a member of and starting sending out requests for pieces from the states I needed. I would make a post asking for help and then go from there with the ones that replied. It actually only took me around 2 years to complete it.
 
Okay, I'm going to bump this thread to officially say that I'd like to add pieces to my small collection from other parts of the country. If you would like to donate a little something to this quest just PM me. I'm not asking for anything elaborate just looking to get some other types of points or something to admire and compare. Thanks.
 
If you need a few from Iowa, PM me...
 
...oddly enough....Native Hawaiians are considered "Native Americans" in many venues especially universities...look at it...."Native" (yep) and "American" (yep)....
 
true enough, but you gotta figure if they could have found something as isolated and insignificant as Easter Island, there is no way they could have missed North and South America.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom