richtink
Jr. Member
- #1
Thread Owner
Hi all,
The following pictures are of meteorites handed down to me. The big one is a "Gibeon" 22.2 pounds. The four small ones are Identified. The rock is unknown, but being in his collection, I think maybe an Achondrite, as it is not attracted to a magnet. The "Gibeon" is from Namibia, found in 1836. The fall could have been centuries earlier. The Achondrite will have to be sliced to verify. I put too many pictures, but it was a learning process and I will do better next time. I have held a lot of meteorites, but to hold a "Gibeon" that weighs 22.2 pounds is special and fulfills a life long dream.
The following pictures are of meteorites handed down to me. The big one is a "Gibeon" 22.2 pounds. The four small ones are Identified. The rock is unknown, but being in his collection, I think maybe an Achondrite, as it is not attracted to a magnet. The "Gibeon" is from Namibia, found in 1836. The fall could have been centuries earlier. The Achondrite will have to be sliced to verify. I put too many pictures, but it was a learning process and I will do better next time. I have held a lot of meteorites, but to hold a "Gibeon" that weighs 22.2 pounds is special and fulfills a life long dream.
Attachments
-
IMG_9792.webp238.6 KB · Views: 186 -
IMG_9793.webp208.4 KB · Views: 177 -
IMG_9794.webp220.3 KB · Views: 172 -
IMG_9795.webp239.2 KB · Views: 184 -
IMG_9796.webp366.6 KB · Views: 182 -
IMG_9797.webp320.7 KB · Views: 187 -
IMG_9798.webp374.4 KB · Views: 191 -
KIMG0587.webp149.1 KB · Views: 176 -
KIMG0588.webp105.3 KB · Views: 192 -
KIMG0589.webp80.8 KB · Views: 170 -
KIMG0590.webp100.7 KB · Views: 187 -
KIMG0591.webp119.1 KB · Views: 202 -
KIMG0592.webp84 KB · Views: 182
Last edited:







