What's new

Collection....

crj1968

Hero Member
Joined
Feb 16, 2014
Messages
816
Reaction score
696
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A guy I met found this collection in a storage locker that was part of an estate auction.... I traded a shotgun for it.

Some pretty cool stuff here. And some strange looking things as well. Many are broken, unfortunately.

Rock, you had mentioned in another thread that it my come in handy to know point types / ages. I am with ya now on that!

Not really sure what to do with these.... I don't really like that they are glued to a board. :icon_scratch:
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0195.webp
    IMG_0195.webp
    12 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG_0196.webp
    IMG_0196.webp
    22.5 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_0197.webp
    IMG_0197.webp
    25.8 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_0198.webp
    IMG_0198.webp
    28.8 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_0199.webp
    IMG_0199.webp
    25.5 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_0200.webp
    IMG_0200.webp
    22.9 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_0202.webp
    IMG_0202.webp
    28.9 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_0203.webp
    IMG_0203.webp
    26.2 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_0204.webp
    IMG_0204.webp
    26.7 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_0205.webp
    IMG_0205.webp
    34.5 KB · Views: 146
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Are we talking Mossberg 500, or Benelli Super Vinci?

Doesn't matter. Either way that's a beautiful collection. Is that some knife river flint I see for some of those?
 
LOL- Mossberg it was.
I'm not sure what knife river flint is. (?) Interesting enough "knife River" is the name of a big construction company here. Some are obsidian, some look like obsidian but aren't transparent.
Some chert and a couple another transparent material I've not seen before...
 
Don't laugh at the ol' Mossburg. I had a customer that shot trap. Used a Mossberg PUMP to shoot doubles. From a wheelchair. Usta really tic off some guys w/multi thousand guns. Nice collection. Good luck.
 
I like my mossbergs.... I have more :)
 
Nice looking points ....different how it's displayed too ... Deff would make a nice wall piece
 
Nice looking points ....different how it's displayed too ... Deff would make a nice wall piece

Yeah the display as it is is growing on me...but it's hard to truly look at them glued down like this.... hmmmmmmmmm
 
Personally, I would try and find a safe way to remove the glue. Those things were made free, and they should be free.
 
Personally, I would try and find a safe way to remove the glue. Those things were made free, and they should be free.

There were a few that fell off the board. The glue came of really easily when soaked with hot water.
 
They look like northwestern pieces to me and quite possibly the Great Basin area. I think I have seen that tray posted somewhere before, or at least one that looked very similar. Great acquisition.
 
Pretty nice.... Shotgun would've been hard to let go though.... You been out hunting any lately?

Sent from my A571VL using Tapatalk
 
I agree those came from out west. If you are happy with the trade then it was worth it. What was the gun worth?
 
I counted around 150 in points on the frame and saw where some were missing so at just $10 each looks like you made out very well.
 
I agree those came from out west. If you are happy with the trade then it was worth it. What was the gun worth?

Used Mossberg, typically $250, +/- $50. I think he did good.
 
It was actually a mossberg Semi 935 about a $400 gun. I usually wouldn't buy artifacts, but I didn't want to see them be separated and sold. (which was plan B for the guy that found them in the storage unit)

I believe they are all Idaho/Oregon pieces.

Coosakid- yeah I did some walking around on my friends property for um... about 8 hours! Found a couple small obsidian points (almost whole...one is so close!) Need to take a photo still.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom