Colonial Copper and detecting at night

Colonial Copper Zeus

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2007
Milky Way Galaxy
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision Spectra
It's supposed to rain and snow all day tomorrow so Kirk, Kyle and I decided to do some Saturday detecting. I worked until 1:30 and it gets dark at 5:00 so by the time we were ready and prepped to detect we only had a couple of hours of daylight detecting so we decided to bring our headlamps to finish out the hunt in the dark. We decided to revisit the site where I found my last half cent. After swinging for an hour or so and walking a couple of miles in the fields I had a loud penny/dime reading on my workhorse analog xl pro. 3 or 4 inches of doit and a nice King George III copper is staring me in the face. NICE :) :) :) 10 minutes later a dropped musketball. It was beginning to get dark so I shifted toward Kirk's car which from where I was standing looked tiny due to the distance. I have to say that I never detected in the dark before so this would be a new experience. I loved it from the get go. The only complaint I have is that if you are doing a wide open space like we were than you can get a little disoriented due to the small area lighted. It was hard to judge at any given point where I was in relation to other landmarks. I did find the other dropped musketball and the shot one and also the duck doohicky in the dark.Looking at the stars and the planets above I realized this would be a great spot to set up my 8 inch Schmidt Cassegrain telescope. I must ask the landowner. That's 31 coppers this year from me, 2 today from the group and 66 total for the group this year. Kyle found a nice copper also.It's possible we may get out tomorrow morning if the precip holds off for a while.Enjoy everyone.........Chris
PIC00001-6.jpg

Upvote 0

kg6yll

Oct 10, 2006
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Congratulations on 31 Coppers thats a great feat! :thumbsup:

KG6YLL

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Unbelievable Chris....I'm up to a cool "6" ;D .....Get em' all cleaned up for an end of Pic,love to see them.As far as the night hunting goes,never tried it yet but the time will definetly come.Congrat's on 31 but for some reason it won't stop there :thumbsup:

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your Avatar is still out-of-date :thumbsup: Maybe think of updating on a Qrterly basis at the rate your going 8)

OP
OP
Colonial Copper Zeus

Colonial Copper Zeus

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2007
Milky Way Galaxy
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision Spectra
civilman1 said:
Unbelievable Chris....I'm up to a cool "6" ;D .....Get em' all cleaned up for an end of Pic,love to see them.As far as the night hunting goes,never tried it yet but the time will definetly come.Congrat's on 31 but for some reason it won't stop there :thumbsup:
Thanks civilman I appreciate every one of your responses. 31 coppers will be hard for me to beat.
Chris

OP
OP
Colonial Copper Zeus

Colonial Copper Zeus

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2007
Milky Way Galaxy
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision Spectra
CRUSADER said:
Your Avatar is still out-of-date :thumbsup: Maybe think of updating on a Qrterly basis at the rate your going 8)
Thanks Crusader, I was wondering what you were talking about by my avatar needing updated. It just dawned on me that you are probably referring to the atomic weight # on the perodic table for copper that is on my avatar. Maybe i will get ahold of them to have it changed by the # of coppers that I have at any given point. ;D
Chris

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Colonial Copper Zeus said:
CRUSADER said:
Thanks Crusader, I was wondering what you were talking about by my avatar needing updated. It just dawned on me that you are probably referring to the atomic weight # on the perodic table for copper that is on my avatar. Maybe i will get ahold of them to have it changed by the # of coppers that I have at any given point. ;D
Chris

oh....never was any good at science....lol When you got 30 last time, I noticed the Avatar & made a wrong connection that you had upped the count by 1 :tard:

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
There's just nothing stopping you, Chris. Day, Night, Wind, or Snow; If something good is there, you will find it. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Congrats on another oooold Coppa!!

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

Ed-NH

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer ll
There's nothing to make your day like a sweet hunk of British copper!!! Congrats on your finds.

collector01

Bronze Member
Mar 7, 2008
snow hill, MD
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds and congrats on 31 coppers that's awesome I bet you'll beat that next year! HH! and HH!

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Damn - all of this time I was preying to Krom for a COPPA when I should of been praying to Zeus... ???

Attachments

• conan.JPG
    conan.JPG
    9.6 KB · Views: 610

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Quack! Quack! Quack!, Neat finds, Gotta love those "Coppas"

HH,Ringfinder

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the copper! I have done a lot of night detecting, very hard to keep a grid going and not get disoriented. HH, Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread