What's new

Colonial copper, tombac and some nice early bronze injuns

toasted

Silver Member
Joined
Jun 1, 2015
Messages
3,452
Reaction score
14,368
Golden Thread
5
Location
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
6
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Found yet another King George half penny at the courthouse. Why didnt any colonists drop their spanish silver here:BangHead: Also found a couple nice Indian Head Cents. One is actually my first one from the late 1860s that has a good readable date and full liberty too. The large tombac was the only good find at my colonial honey hole tonight. Oddly the courthouse site has given up about the same number colonial coppers as the honey hole yet the honey hole had tons of buttons. None at the courthouse
 

Attachments

  • image.webp
    image.webp
    158.5 KB · Views: 158
Upvote 32
Very nice Indians...once again, as usual...just another danged Indian Head:laughing7:. You must have your detector tuned in for them.I love the surface of the '68.I would dig these every day if they were under my coil, congrats.
 
Very nice Indians...once again, as usual...just another danged Indian Head:laughing7:. You must have your detector tuned in for them.I love the surface of the '68.I would dig these every day if they were under my coil, congrats.

Thanks. Ive actually not dug many indians since my fairgrounds site petered out but I was excited to see the 68. The 1866-1872 indians are hard to find
 
Great dates on the Indians. What's the other side of the copper?
 
KG II. I dont find many KG I or III

Same here. Most of mine are KG II's. The only KG III's that I've found are counterfeits, not that that's a bad thing.
 
Same here. Most of mine are KG II's. The only KG III's that I've found are counterfeits, not that that's a bad thing.

Im pretty sure the two KG III's Ive found are counterfeit. Much thinner and in poorer condition than all my other KGs
 
Sweet finds toasted, congrats on pulling those 4 keepers. :occasion14:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom