What's new

COLONIAL CRICKET ???

Des from down under

Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 26, 2009
Messages
470
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
taupo
Detector(s) used
garett 1500 gti and T2 ltd, garrett propointer
HI ALL ..JUST POSTED MAIN TOPIC IN TODAYS FINDS BUT WOULD LIKE AN EXPERTS THOUGHTS ON THIS..FOUND AT OLD COLONIAL FORT HERE IN N/Z CIRCA MID 1800S THANKS IN ADVANCE, DES
 

Attachments

  • DSCF0001.webp
    DSCF0001.webp
    122.9 KB · Views: 543
  • DSCF0001.webp
    DSCF0001.webp
    122.9 KB · Views: 448
hi des Thats a really nice cricket buckle . Yours dates around 1860, i have a 1880s pressed copper one

tinpan
 

Attachments

  • 100_0336.webp
    100_0336.webp
    62.4 KB · Views: 493
Upvote 0
Wow :o Nice finds Gentlemen :headbang:

Mike
 
Upvote 0
tinpan said:
hi des Thats a really nice cricket buckle . Yours dates around 1860, i have a 1880s pressed copper one

tinpan
thanks tinpan I will treasure it that bit more now..cheers and hope all is well with you..
 
Upvote 0
Des from down under said:
tinpan said:
hi des Thats a really nice cricket buckle . Yours dates around 1860, i have a 1880s pressed copper one

tinpan
thanks tinpan I will treasure it that bit more now..cheers and hope all is well with you..

They are actually stamped brass :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0
kuger said:
Des from down under said:
tinpan said:
hi des Thats a really nice cricket buckle . Yours dates around 1860, i have a 1880s pressed copper one

tinpan
thanks tinpan I will treasure it that bit more now..cheers and hope all is well with you..

They are actually stamped brass :thumbsup:

sorry i found numerous buckles some are brass but the cricket and the gold trooper buckle are pressed copper tinpan
 

Attachments

  • 100_0337.webp
    100_0337.webp
    99.6 KB · Views: 308
  • 100_0338.webp
    100_0338.webp
    51.8 KB · Views: 295
  • 100_0339.webp
    100_0339.webp
    30.6 KB · Views: 266
  • 100_0340.webp
    100_0340.webp
    27.3 KB · Views: 285
  • 100_0341.webp
    100_0341.webp
    16.9 KB · Views: 282
Upvote 0
Thats odd,out of the many I have dug,and the MANY I have seen,I have never seen a copper one
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom