Colonial Hot Spot!!!! 1802 DB, Gorgeous Shoe Buckle, 12 Buttons

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was able to get back out to the island that I went to last weekend. It's very difficult to find any info on this place which made it more attractive to me. After a canoe trip across the bay I did some more exploring before heading to the area that I found the blow hole button and colonial shoe buckle last weekend. The area I found those in was down at the waters edge so I made a straight line up the hill. Came to a small flat area and bang....pulled out a big old flat button. Good start. Slowed down and started picking target out of the iron. Targets were all 6-10" deep and before I knew it I had dug a pile of big old colonial flat buttons. Then I hit a nice high 80s signal and pulled a gorgeous brass shoe buckle. This is my favorite one yet and it's got a beautiful design on it. This thing is huge and super heavy duty brass. This is the 4th full shoe buckle I've hit and I'm just in love with these things. Love everything about them. The history, the shape, the designs....just something about them. Right before I had to leave I got a strange signal that was masked by iron and dug a beautiful 1802 DB LC at about 10". This is my nicest DB yet....by far. And I had just been thinking, man I hope I can just pull one coin out of here. Always make my hunt feel complete.
It killed me to leave this place knowing I'd barely scratched the surface but I had to. So all in all a great day with 12 buttons, a shoe buckle and the 1802 DB. Some of these buttons are awesome and most have complete shanks. The condition of everything I've found here has been fantastic. I can't wait to get back there.
All the best fellow Tnetters, Abe
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Made a new friend today. This big monstrous toad said he will protect my treasure. Pretty sure he could've kicked my ass :laughing7:
image.jpg

Upvote 35

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
damn abe that DB is in fantastic shape, the shoe buckle is pretty sweet and those buttons are all awesome!
Killer colonial site you got yourself on!

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow Abe, the buckle is as awesome as you described. Buttons beyond belief. The LC makes me want to smack you ...... ha ha. Congrats my friend.

Klclark3

Banned
Apr 20, 2013
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Discovery 3300, AT GOLD, ACE 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I love all the buttons Ahab! the coin is a bonus i'd take anyday.

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow that's a great hunt. like you said everything in nice condition. The buttons decorated, the shoe buckle not bent, And the coin is better than nice.
Hope I can get out, AND on a decent site soon.

romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great location and great finds!!

I've got an island site but I'm waiting for fall when the foliage is gone to make the trip...

Army of 1

Jun 22, 2013
Dundee Northern Australia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT Pro , Tesora Bandito 2 , Minelab GPX 4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Ahab8 , you have a killer site there , maybe plenty of treasures yet to be found , congrats ..cheers Mick

rayrayvegas

Bronze Member
Jan 2, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
Ahab8 your finds are always top notch, just beautiful. Congrats on a outstanding hunt.

Greylock

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2012
Western MA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent finds my friend. Nice detail to the draped bust and the design on the buttons is great. Hopefully this place is very good to you. Can't wait to see what ya come back with next.

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That toad is amazing ! The 1802 is very nice - Fantastic early site you've got there - To have unlimited access to a site like that is
a dream come true ! I think you're going to pull a lot of amazing finds out of there .

park pirate

Gold Member
May 16, 2013
City of Rensselaer (upstate NY)
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800-Explorer SE -Sovereign-GT- -Whites 6000 Di pro SL-Specturm XLT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow you hit the hot spot, love that 1802 LC and the big dandy buttons are in great condition nice hunt bud...

screwynewy

May 10, 2011
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Teknetics T2 SE
Teknetics G2+
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats on some really nice finds. It's always fun to find an isolated site that has no modern trash. When you get a high tone you know its something worth digging. Can't wait to see what else you pull out of that site.

OWK

Apr 26, 2014
North Central Md
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, F75
Garrett Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is one spectacular penny.

Congrats.

johnnyblaze

Silver Member
Dec 20, 2010
Rhode Island
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 SPECIAL EDITION
Primary Interest:
Other
My kind of site man:headbang:

Those decor buttons are my favorite thing to find..And who knows one just might have a GW on it..Your in the right conditions for one..

Its only a matter of time:thumbsup:

My foot is almost healed and i will be out there soon..Thanks for the nectar....

~Blaze

joeyfresh

Bronze Member
Dec 19, 2006
Colonial Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds man. The coin is in great condition and the buckle is a monster. Keep 'em coming.

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My kind of site man:headbang:

Those decor buttons are my favorite thing to find..And who knows one just might have a GW on it..Your in the right conditions for one..

Its only a matter of time:thumbsup:

My foot is almost healed and i will be out there soon..Thanks for the nectar....

~Blaze

Blaze, you better hurry and get that hitch outa ya giddy. Love your finds as well my friend. Ole Abe is putting it on us. Of course we are a bit too young here in Tennessee to have those goodies, but love seeing your posts. You and Abe rock the T2. HH

mr helton

May 20, 2013
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
White's Spectrum XLT
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh my god that DB is freakin amazing. I would just quit detecting if I dug that up because I'll never find anything better than that!

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome condition on the DBLC and those dandy buttons are fantastic. Great spot you have there. Keep hitting it hard. :thumbsup:

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's pretty funny. After I responded to your post and used the word fantastic I looked at your response to my post, also using the word fantastic. :laughing7: A fantastic weekend for hunting all around I'd say... a little more fantastic for you though... :notworthy: :laughing7:

46Wheat

Silver Member
May 23, 2014
Upstate NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac / Equinox 800 / 8.5x11 DD and 5x8 DD coil /
Garrett ProPointer / Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice digs and thanks for those pictures

Top Member Reactions