What's new

Colonial hunt and a first!

RelicMedic

Bronze Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2013
Messages
1,632
Reaction score
3,078
Golden Thread
1
Location
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Minelab pro find 35

Minelab Equinox 600

Minelab Excalibur II

Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went back to the old cellar hole where I got the nice cartwheel penny. Got a decent assortment of colonial goodies and definitely going back when I can. The owner said he will clean it up a bit and level it out for me, which I'm really grateful for! Everything is pretty self explanatory, with the exception of the coin. It's a 1788 Anglesey Mines penny token, druid head variety. It almost looked like a 1700's french Sol at first. Thanks for looking!







 
Last edited:
Upvote 48
Many thanks guys, and thank you for the vote!
 
I wonder if his banner was more for his other finds. If it was for the token, I think mine would have received some votes. His other coins were awesome!
 
I wonder if his banner was more for his other finds. If it was for the token, I think mine would have received some votes. His other coins were awesome!


It was because he received enough votes. :) There was definitely nothing alone that would be a banner find, or even close, in my opinion, of course. I like condor tokens a lot, and think it's great when I dig one I don't have.... because I don't have many... but are they banner finds, not really. The closest I've seen, or at least one I liked the most was the counterfeit mule posted on the CA forum. Two dies from completely different coins paired up to create a coin that never existed. To me that's as cool as heck.
 
Yeah I didn't think it was. It blew my mind when I got a vote. The Druid penny tokens don't pop up to often, but they aren't worth anything. Just a conversation piece. Now a nice blacksmith...I could understand that!
 
Yeah I didn't think it was. It blew my mind when I got a vote. The Druid penny tokens don't pop up to often, but they aren't worth anything. Just a conversation piece. Now a nice blacksmith...I could understand that!


There's really no conder tokens that pop up a lot here. Well let me rephrase that, I guess it depends on your interpretation of what a lot is. I definitely see Kyan and Camac show much more than anything else. I have personally dug quite a few, and there's only one other conder I dug multiples of getting three of it... and the rest I'm not even sure if there'd be another double. Likely, but I can't think of it off hand. The third that comes to mind is the Glasgow one with the tree that has shown up here a couple of times. Besides those three to me the rest would be rare to dig, and that is a lot of different tokens.... they seem endless.
 
Great looking coin...Always nice to get something new when you are out...
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom