Colonial New England field yields 3 coppers, buttons and more!

Coilcrazy2

Nov 9, 2010
Reading, pa
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2, gray ghost headphones,
Fisher 1265x,
Whites Eagle Spectrum
Tesoro cibola,
Tesoro Outlaw
I went up to Ma to visit some relatives for New Years. Last time I went up I scouted a few places to hunt and this specific field was top on my list. It sits right behind a 1700's inn and I was told it was the location that the militia was trained (I would have to agree with that). If I ever saw an old looking field, this is one. The whole field is lined with stone walls and abandoned picket fencing.:headbang: I managed to get in 3 hunts in the 4 days I was there. The first hunt I went out and immediately started finding early flat buttons...I knew I had a good place to hunt. When the first day was over, I had 7 musket balls, 6 flat buttons, a few buckles and a few other things. Excited about the day before I woke up early the next day and found the 1845 LC, the 1805 draped bust LC, 2 and a half IH's, a handful more musket balls, and a few more buttons. The third day was much like the rest until I was surprised by a BEAUTIFUL 1749 KGII farthing Unfortunately, it fell back in the hole and I nicked the front a few times as I was trying to retrieve it. I also found half of a heel plate, a crotal bell, a spoon, a suspender buckle, a rosette, 2 skeleton keys and some other 200 yr old trinkets. Needless to say, I can't wait to revisit this field in the year to come!!:happysmiley: ....because the coins are from NE I suppose it is appropriate to call them COPPUHS!:laughing7::laughing7:
HAPPY NEW YEAR!:occasion16:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    633.5 KB · Views: 185
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    516 KB · Views: 194
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    507.4 KB · Views: 223
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    578 KB · Views: 231
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    553.6 KB · Views: 214
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    584.4 KB · Views: 194
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    594.4 KB · Views: 169
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    581.7 KB · Views: 160
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    545.3 KB · Views: 140
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    532.8 KB · Views: 148
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    611.7 KB · Views: 143
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    492.5 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:
Upvote 11

jc2

Sep 18, 2004
Philadelphia Pa
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE w/SunRay X1 Probe, Sovereign Elite w/SunRay S1 Probe, Garrett Infinium LS and the Tesoro Cortes'
Great colonial finds . . . couldn't ask for any more!

matt092079

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2011
Charles Town, WV
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 with 11" DD coil, Garrett Ace 250 with 9x12 coil, Garrett Pro-Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice finds. It's very rare to find coppers in that shape. I've been lucky with this Virginia soil to get some good coppers myself.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread