What's new

Colonial pit stop #2

Lord Verdigris

Silver Member
Joined
Feb 8, 2014
Messages
3,936
Reaction score
9,273
Golden Thread
2
Location
East coast Canada
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Fisher F75 Ltd SE 2 & Fisher F2 with 11"DD
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Did another one of my quick work time stops at the site that keeps producing old finds. I think my favorite find today was the one piece dome button. Any date range on that would be a help. Also got another dandy button and some other buttons and one has BEST on the back. Finally got another coin but it's toasted. Probably never identify it and I have a "what is it?" also if anyone can figure it out. It's the big bent copper thing with a design. Also got a giant spoon tip that may be pewter? Thanks for looking! [emoji2]
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1432749538.132763.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1432749556.202526.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1432749572.595911.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1432749588.666719.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1432749604.858743.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1432749622.209965.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1432749638.118536.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1432749662.277998.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1432749677.836149.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1432749692.719840.webp
 
Upvote 20
K1 that dome top button is neat,,vanzutphen
 
I didn't have much with me to clean the stuff up with so I will get some better pictures later.
 
The big bent piece is part of a musket butt plate. It would have been bent at a right angle just above the screw hole.
 
The big bent piece is part of a musket butt plate. It would have been bent at a right angle just above the screw hole.

Nice. Thanks for the info. I wonder if eventually I'd be able to track down what type of gun and age it came off of! [emoji2]
 
I found the same kind of dome button minus the shank here in SC at a site from the late 1600's up to the 1800's......very similar other stuff too as in flat buttons and hardware. Very cool finds!! :)IMG_0418.webpIMG_0419.webpIMG_0420.webp
 
Nice finds…good chance that buttplate is off a brown bess…I have the same one but not bent…just google it…lots of pics
 
I found the same kind of dome button minus the shank here in SC at a site from the late 1600's up to the 1800's......very similar other stuff too as in flat buttons and hardware. Very cool finds!! :)View attachment 1167481View attachment 1167482View attachment 1167483

The site has been good to me and I know there is a lot of stuff left to find. Just wish all my stops to it only last 20-40 minutes. I think there is a big find to come out of it eventually. Here is a couple quick pics I took of the button again.
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1432768895.581917.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1432768907.858229.webp
 
I like that dome button, very cool, someone beat me to that buttplate ID, that's what I was gonna say it looked like, perhaps with the end broken off, very cool!!

great hunt
 
Nice finds…good chance that buttplate is off a brown bess…I have the same one but not bent…just google it…lots of pics

I think you may have solved that one quick. Thanks! [emoji2]
 
I like that dome button, very cool, someone beat me to that buttplate ID, that's what I was gonna say it looked like, perhaps with the end broken off, very cool!!

great hunt

I can't seem to find much info on that type of button. I found a old British artillery one a long time ago in another spot that was close in design but that's about it.
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1432769943.794708.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1432769997.501735.webp
 
Nice finds!! Bet it won't be long and you'll pull some Spanish silver from that site!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom