What's new

Colonial Scale weight?

Gregg3131

Hero Member
Joined
May 24, 2015
Messages
706
Reaction score
3,750
Golden Thread
4
Location
Va
🥇 Banner finds
4
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 Limited Edition
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thoughts on this lead piece. Very heavy . No attachment points so not a rosette. Maybe some type of colonial weight? Found at 1700s site
 

Attachments

  • 4397FA6A-90EC-4044-98BD-7E6CD7B61D5B.webp
    4397FA6A-90EC-4044-98BD-7E6CD7B61D5B.webp
    324.7 KB · Views: 120
  • 68C68E57-1A95-4DDB-880B-4E226E3D6883.webp
    68C68E57-1A95-4DDB-880B-4E226E3D6883.webp
    821.4 KB · Views: 83
  • 3F813D78-5AC1-4A96-B2C0-0D615B549909.webp
    3F813D78-5AC1-4A96-B2C0-0D615B549909.webp
    410.8 KB · Views: 75
likely a game piece, maybe a hand made poker chip or checker ?
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Much larger and heavier than other poker chips I have dug but it’s possible
 
Upvote 0
Well,

whenever I see something that could be weight I always ask:

"Did YOU weigh it?"
"Did it make any sense in any system like 1 lbs or 250 grams?" or at least very close...

If the answer to the latter is no, it is likely not a weight.

Greets

Namxat
 
Upvote 0
Most likely a homemade weight
 
Upvote 0
Well,

whenever I see something that could be weight I always ask:

"Did YOU weigh it?"
"Did it make any sense in any system like 1 lbs or 250 grams?" or at least very close...

If the answer to the latter is no, it is likely not a weight.

Greets

Namxat

Exactly. I found two similar objects at a 1700s site. They each weigh *exactly* one ounce. Fair assumption that they were weights of some kind.
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

  • Question Question
🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Measuring weight?
Replies
3
Views
392
  • Question Question
🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Odd iron
Replies
7
Views
666
  • Question Question
🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Type of weight?
Replies
15
Views
1K

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom