What's new

🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Odd iron

scrapmagnet

Jr. Member
Joined
Sep 18, 2023
Messages
39
Reaction score
277
Golden Thread
0
Location
PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
I am working a property occupied since the early 1700s. British and colonial during the war. This was found in the middle of what was a meadow. It is the only thing that I found in that area.
Guessing that it is farm related, but I am stumped. Key fob for scale.


1927.webp

1928.webp


1926.webp
 
Looks like a front suspension A Frame, perhaps off an early tractor.
 
Upvote 0
Odd piece! I'd like to see what it looks like after bath.
 
Upvote 0
Looks like a tripod stand for something, but, the offset section has me puzzled.
 
Upvote 0
Would it be possible for you to clean it up a lot better ?
 
Upvote 0
I do plan to clean this up and hopefully that will shed some light. It is still on site. It was pretty heavy and didn't want to carry it around with me all day. Ill grab it on my next hunt. I also found what may be "homemade" brass knuckles. I'll retrieve that as well.
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom