Silver Member
Dec 20, 2010
Rhode Island
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 SPECIAL EDITION
Primary Interest:
Other
Driving through Providence today noticed a large hill area of woods and what looked to be a cellar.. :thumbsup:
Sure enough it was half of 1 the main road took out the other half :-\
Walked up in the woods found the privy right behind it.Also the trash pit area..
It was a total mess behind it being in the city..
But a 10 minute quick over revealed these finds :icon_thumleft: I was actually working at this time :laughing9:
Im gonna have to sift were i found the snake pin as i think there was a gem in the center.
There are two snakes on it and 1 snake had 2 red gem eyes..One is missing..
Its a pretty cool pin..
Ill be slammin this area hard :thumbsup:
You know how we do it :laughing7:

Blaze

Attachments

• snake pin 001.jpg
    snake pin 001.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 976
  • snake pin 002.jpg
    snake pin 002.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 969
  • snake pin 003.jpg
    snake pin 003.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 969
  • snake pin 004.jpg
    snake pin 004.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 964
  • snake pin 005.jpg
    snake pin 005.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 958
  • snake pin 006.jpg
    snake pin 006.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 959
  • snake pin 007.jpg
    snake pin 007.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 957
Upvote 0
Gaijun1 said:
And I Thought The

Dont Tread On Me Was Only Popular With Men :icon_thumright:

No kidding :laughing9:

Makes me wonder was this for a man maybe :icon_scratch:

Looks like a pin to symbolize something :dontknow:

Blaze

:nono: SHAME ON YOU :nono:....METAL DETECTING WHILE ON THE CLOCK

I really like that snake pin ! I would like to see the stone that was in it too . Good luck on that inner city site . They can be tough to hunt but can reward you with some real gems ! No pun intended :icon_sunny: MaineRelic

MaineRelic said:
I really like that snake pin ! I would like to see the stone that was in it too . Good luck on that inner city site . They can be tough to hunt but can reward you with some real gems ! No pun intended :icon_sunny: MaineRelic

I cant believe it has not been hunted..It is a public park also :icon_thumleft:

All deep woods its kind of strange being in the city :icon_scratch:

I live in northern RI and is similar to Maine..Very rural..

Blaze

That is really interesting pin. Gotta wonder if it symbolic of something. Nice finds, thanks for posting.

Beautiful snake brooch John!
I really like that little ring!

Can't wait to see what else you find there! :wink:

Dave

Red eyed snake pin is a different find :thumbsup: ring and crucifix are some nice recoveries 8) 8) Great Hunt :headbang: Dawg

Antiquarian said:
Beautiful snake brooch John!
I really like that little ring!

Can't wait to see what else you find there! :wink:

Dave

Thanks,
If this was for a woman,she must have been a Vixen :laughing7:

Blaze

that is a way cool relic!!!!!!! MR TUFF

Why would you say Colonial, can't be much older than 1890 :icon_scratch: The red eyes are most likely glass/enamel (that's why they needed to be wet to see them, gems don't). Interesting find but the construction is all wrong for the period you hope for, sorry. Good luck with the rest of the hunt.

CRUSADER said:
Why would you say Colonial, can't be much older than 1890 :icon_scratch: The red eyes are most likely glass/enamel (that's why they needed to be wet to see them, gems don't). Interesting find but the construction is all wrong for the period you hope for, sorry. Good luck with the rest of the hunt.

Well i have an 1870 beers map of the area and the house does not exist on it and the ones nearby do :read2:

This means in 1870 this house was already gone..And the monument on the hill shows the last date of 1835 that the person died..

It my not be colonial but if not im sure its early 1800's but it is possible to be later ..It does not look Victorian at all.. :nono:

And Colonial just sounds so good :laughing9:

Blaze

Nice finds . . . as for the brooch, "(c. 1860-80) A powerful symbol of love, the snake was celebrated by Victorians who followed the example set by Queen Victoria. Her passionate husband, Prince Albert, gave her many pieces of jewelry featuring the snake motif – including her engagement ring."

jc2 said:
Nice finds . . . as for the brooch, "(c. 1860-80) A powerful symbol of love, the snake was celebrated by Victorians who followed the example set by Queen Victoria. Her passionate husband, Prince Albert, gave her many pieces of jewelry featuring the snake motif – including her engagement ring."

You beat me to it. Huge in Victorian times.

Iron Patch said:
jc2 said:

Any pictures of this from these times?
I cant find any :dontknow:

Blaze

johnnyblaze said:
Iron Patch said:
jc2 said:

Any pictures of this from these times?
I cant find any :dontknow:

Blaze

I meant Snake items in general. There's so many different things you might never match it.

I found a nice gold snake ring a few years back. Found at a really old site but Victorian makes the most for sense for it too.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back