Pacivilwarluke

Feb 15, 2013
York PA, Edisto Beach SC, Shepherdstown WV
Detector(s) used
xp deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Colonial trashpit diggin' and river walkin'

Yesterday it was kinda yucky out ( but cool, only the low 80s) in the lowcountry so I decided to go trashpit digging! I spent about one and a half hours digging one out and found some decent colonial relics! The highlight was 96 pipe stems mostly dating to the mid 1700s ( that makes about 250-300 from this pit so far) but I found a few other things, I got a tiny thimble and another stud backed gilted rosette, a musketball, a brass ring, and some piece of iron that needs IDing. Of course ghere was tons of pottery too, but I only picked up the pretty pieces. Brick, oyster, bone and nails are everywhere too. It reminds me of something from a fireplace/hearth for some reason. I also found some things walking a river down here, the highlight being the neck and lip of a black glass mallet or onion bottle but I also got two more necks that are proabbly mid 1700s with really crude lips but they aren't black glass. Also, one of the clay pipes has an 8 in it, any idea? Size, or makers mark?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    961.7 KB · Views: 117
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    711.7 KB · Views: 132
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    396 KB · Views: 121
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 121
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    677.3 KB · Views: 131
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    318.7 KB · Views: 109
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    227.6 KB · Views: 101
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    227.4 KB · Views: 101
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    236.7 KB · Views: 105
Upvote 12

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
LOOK HERE LUKE WITH THOSE 1700S FINDS . SEEMS YOU FOUND A GOOD SPOT TO DIG UP THESE RELICS FROM COLONIAL TIMES. PIPE STEMS AND BOTTLES TO BUCKLES AND MORE THATS A NICE SITE YOU FOUND SO GO BACK AND FIND SOME MORE. WHAT A GROUP OF HISTORY YOU HAVE THERE MUST BE NEAT TO FIND A SPOT LIKE THIS AND KNOW EACH TIME YOU PULL SOMTHING OUT OF THE GROUND THAT IT HAD A SIGNIFICANT PURPOSE TO THE PERSON WHO HAD IT.

OP
OP
Pacivilwarluke

Pacivilwarluke

Feb 15, 2013
Detector(s) used
xp deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Really nice bunch of finds.

Funny how that blue and white pottery always shows up in trash pits. I have quite a few of those fragments from multiple spots.

Musta' been real popular back in the day.

Id say I find the blue feathered edge more than any other pottery, I also get green edge but I believe that's early 1800s.

OP
OP
Pacivilwarluke

Pacivilwarluke

Feb 15, 2013
Detector(s) used
xp deus
Primary Interest:
Other
LOOK HERE LUKE WITH THOSE 1700S FINDS . SEEMS YOU FOUND A GOOD SPOT TO DIG UP THESE RELICS FROM COLONIAL TIMES. PIPE STEMS AND BOTTLES TO BUCKLES AND MORE THATS A NICE SITE YOU FOUND SO GO BACK AND FIND SOME MORE. WHAT A GROUP OF HISTORY YOU HAVE THERE MUST BE NEAT TO FIND A SPOT LIKE THIS AND KNOW EACH TIME YOU PULL SOMTHING OUT OF THE GROUND THAT IT HAD A SIGNIFICANT PURPOSE TO THE PERSON WHO HAD IT.

Thanks! It's great that it's so isolated that whenever I get a decent signal it's a colonial relic! I'll be back as much as I can!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread