What's new

Colorado bottle diggin

PikesPeakCharlie

Bronze Member
Joined
Nov 19, 2008
Messages
2,185
Reaction score
3,165
Golden Thread
0
Location
Pikes Peak
Detector(s) used
Garrett Gti 2500, Garrett Gta 350, Garrett Pro-Pointer -- Whites IDX Pro, AutoMax V2 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all. I've only posted in here once (open pontil ink) Our diggin season is pretty much over for 2011 as we already have an inch or two of frost here at 8500 ft ,and more up higher,probably could find some ground soft enough on sun exposed slopes. Anyway thought I'd share some of our pit/dump diggin up here in the Rockies.

My brother & I ,have been hunting up old things since we were kids growin up in Denver/Central City/Cripple Creek ,our bottle bug/obsession ,bit us very hard in our late teens,early 20s.and has never left.Now were in our 50s and still manage to find some glass and enjoy the sun on a summer day.

The privy dig pictured here was actually from last summer(2010) My brother was doing a remodel job for a guy In CC and got permission to do some diggin on his 5 lots. This is one of the privys we found. Appx 4-5ft deep ,first shovel full Rory filps out the paneled "Jaynes expextorant" :headbang: he hands me the shovel , I flip a shovel full of dirt out of the hole,go for my second shovel full of dirt and see a Hutch neck sticking up ,reached down and pulled it out,Beautiful CC Hutch :headbang: The hole went on to produce quite a haul for us ,a paper label under glass flask,a druggist bottle from Prince Edward Island(no pic ) and a maverick (what I believe to be) Boston druggist (will get a pic of it on ) Great day ,Good dig. Hope you enjoy !!!! more digs to come. HD
 

Attachments

  • 100_4356.webp
    100_4356.webp
    145.5 KB · Views: 620
  • 100_4346.webp
    100_4346.webp
    184.7 KB · Views: 623
  • 100_4347.webp
    100_4347.webp
    57.1 KB · Views: 616
:wink:
 

Attachments

  • creek,10.webp
    creek,10.webp
    38.9 KB · Views: 638
;D
 

Attachments

  • 100_4349.webp
    100_4349.webp
    77.4 KB · Views: 616
  • 100_4352.webp
    100_4352.webp
    102.7 KB · Views: 648
  • 100_4351.webp
    100_4351.webp
    43.2 KB · Views: 648
  • 100_4358.webp
    100_4358.webp
    105.1 KB · Views: 663
:icon_thumright:
 

Attachments

  • 100_4357.webp
    100_4357.webp
    63.2 KB · Views: 701
Wow! That picture you took with four bottles sticking out of the dirt at the same time is awesome :notworthy:

I dream of seeing that everytime I'm out digging ::)
 
That Cripple Creek Hutch is outstanding! Little to no chance of finding one down this way ---Great bottle! :icon_thumright:
 
I am going to have to call my 12 step sponsor to keep me from going out this weekend. :tongue3:

I actually prefer to dig bottles in the winter around here.
 
Totally awesome finds, gosh I love em all, but I really love the portrait bottle the most. Great job, guys :thumbsup:
 
GaRebel1861 said:
That Cripple Creek Hutch is outstanding! Little to no chance of finding one down this way ---Great bottle! :icon_thumright:
Dont give up just yet ,I've heard of some Cripple Creek bottles being dug back east,Wasnt train travel great ;D
 
pennyfarmer said:
I am going to have to call my 12 step sponsor to keep me from going out this weekend. :tongue3:

I actually prefer to dig bottles in the winter around here.
Forget your 12 step sponsor,,you know you want it ;D No winter diggin up here ground is froze,plus if you can get in the ground,many bottles ,when they come out will ping & crack,big bummer :( HD
 
sodetraveler said:
Wow! That picture you took with four bottles sticking out of the dirt at the same time is awesome :notworthy:

I dream of seeing that everytime I'm out digging ::)
It is amazing there was only one of the 4 broke.They had a good sized rock right on top of them.
 
I have to say my favorite pic is you poppin up out of the hole! the bottles are nice but that pic is priceless!!
 
The Bearded Gopher! :tongue3: I Gopher a bottle dig right now :thumbsup: Nice finds and great picks of the insitu glass. I like the hutch and the portrait. Looks like a ground lip one. Nice! jgas
 
Oh man, is that some sweet digging!
Were getting some bottles up here, but the amount of digging vs finds is disproportionately painful.
(Hey, I just learned how to spell a new word!)
Killer finds!
Carl
 
awesome digs!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom