Colorado2

Colorado2

Dec 26, 2004
Berthoud CO
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's MXT, Fisher Gold Bug II
Hi all.? Figured it was about time I did this.? I really appreciated catchin' a peek at all the good people I've met on this site.? This was 5 years ago on my dad's 80th birthday.? I took him fishing.? Doesn't he look great for 80?!?!? He's the one that found the mystery rock I posted in "What Is It" forum a while back.? He met my mother during WWII in the Northern Territory, Australia.? She's 79 now & they still hold hands and make goo goo eyes at each other!? He was a P-39 and B-25 pilot all the way through the war with the 67th TFS /347th /13th AF.? He's always had time for me, he's always interested in my interests, and he's always been my best friend.? We're separated by a few hundred miles right now but they're coming to live with me in the spring.? Can't wait to do some TH'ing with him....Funny that I'm only 47 and I still can't keep up with my hero......

Attachments

• Me&Dad.JPG
    Me&Dad.JPG
    24.5 KB · Views: 1,005

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Me & my best friend!

A CO2, Great to "SEE YOU"? , by the way, are you shure your POPS not Lying about his age ? he could pass for 60? ;)? ? ?jeff

OP
OP
Colorado2

Colorado2

Dec 26, 2004
Berthoud CO
Detector(s) used

Jeff, that would have made him a little young to fly in WWII ;)

D

Darod

Nice to meet/see you :)

It's always nice to put a face to a name .

I bet your dad has some great stories to tell of his time during WWII!

Rod

True_Metal

Aug 27, 2004
Smoky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Good to see ya, Colorado. You all look like good people. 8)

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
CO2, it's an honor to see you and your dad. The young gene definitely runs in your family. You don't look over 35-38. Great pic. and family history. HH and keep smilin'(it makes them wonder what you're up to). HAHA

OnionRings

Dec 15, 2004
Denver, Colorado
I have hunted with CO2 and I can tell everyone here he's a very nice guy and if we can get together again It would great to meet his dad.

Great Pic CO2

Onion

D

Darod

Hey Onion,

I don't see your mug shot anywhere on this section? :) How about it buddy? Post us a pic.

Rod

OP
OP
Colorado2

Colorado2

Dec 26, 2004
Berthoud CO
Detector(s) used
That IS his pic Rod. In his avatar. Did you think they were just kidding when they said he was "Lord of the Rings"? ;D

S

SASQUASH

Hay Colorado2 I hope that some day my sons will say the same things. THAT is cool your dad is your hero. SASQUASH

buckeyehunter

Jan 29, 2005
Lancaster, Ohio
Detector(s) used
e-trac
man! great story! I lost my father this past summer, sudden heart attack, I was off work for a few months before he died and got to spend a lot of time with him, he owned a 30 acre farm and I would go over almost every day and help keep the vehicles , lawnmowers, etc. takes a lot of work to keep up on property like that. I hated being off work for so long and hated it until after he died I realized I was off that time for a reason

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread