What's new

coloured bone

Glenn C

Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2011
Messages
422
Reaction score
226
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I did a tip hole on the way back to the car and came up with these to pieces of bone. I am wondering why it is white and blue coloured? Is this a natural occurrence? I will head back and look for more if it was coloured or rubbed on at some point. Looks interesting so I thought I would share.
 

Attachments

  • ForumRunner_20130827_112123.webp
    ForumRunner_20130827_112123.webp
    47.2 KB · Views: 112
  • ForumRunner_20130827_112150.webp
    ForumRunner_20130827_112150.webp
    84.9 KB · Views: 112
  • ForumRunner_20130827_112223.webp
    ForumRunner_20130827_112223.webp
    67.6 KB · Views: 107
  • ForumRunner_20130827_112252.webp
    ForumRunner_20130827_112252.webp
    98.9 KB · Views: 100
Upvote 0
Its burnt bone.
Loads of it in middens and trash pits.. as well as fire pits.
That's usually a pretty good sign you're in a good area.
I wouldn't be surprised if you dug a little more in that area you'd find pottery and flaked stone also.
 
Last edited:
Thanks for reply. I will be sure to look for more.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom