What's new

Come on over and have a Seat!

joad

Hero Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2009
Messages
511
Reaction score
25
Golden Thread
0
Location
East Coast
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Picked up 2 more boxes this morning expecting some decent numbers since they were from the same batch that produced 20 plus keepers last Friday. Was not disappointed as the first roll produced a 1960 Franklin and the third roll I see a silver with very worn edge and think nice another Barber. I pluck it from the stack and see the back first and thought my guess was correct until I flipped it over. Centennial Seated Liberty! It bent a bit and very worn, bit I'll take it. Also scored a Booker T. Washington in great shape. Both are firsts for me. 2 box totals were 17-40%ers, 5-64, 1 Franklin and the other 2. TFL

Joad
 

Attachments

  • 8409 076.webp
    8409 076.webp
    27.7 KB · Views: 617
  • 8409 077.webp
    8409 077.webp
    32.9 KB · Views: 624
Upvote 0
Sweet! I think that's the first seated this year. :icon_thumright:
 
WOW! just seeing you find a seated liberty makes me happy and excited!
 
Wow! Holy Mackerel!
 
Beautiful Seated. Congrats on the great finds. :icon_thumright:
 
So seateds are in the wild. Nice find.
 
Wow! Great score on the Seated and Booker T. The only Seated I ever found in a roll was counterfeit.

HH Mark
 
That's absolutely stunning, great find! I hope someday I'm lucky enough to find a half that old.
 
Wow, a seated! :hello2: And the best part is that you only paid 50 cents for it.
 
unbelievable i would go crazy if i got a seated
huge congrats
 
Cool find. :icon_thumright: I haven't seen a seated in a couple years of searching. They are very rare. Congrats!

Maine_Jim
 
Rich Hartford said:
You have some amazing luck ! Great score :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

My wife says I'm the luckiest person in the world...but for a different reason!
 
Any ideas on how to flatten out the crimp in this coin without doing more damage?
 
mistergee said:
Any ideas on how to flatten out the crimp in this coin without doing more damage?
large hammer used with a hard downward thrusting motion. ;D

You could try a rubber mallet with the coin sitting on something non-abrasive like a few t-shirts stacked on top of each other on the floor. That may work but I'd just leave it the way it is.
 
joad said:
Any ideas on how to flatten out the crimp in this coin without doing more damage?

Put between 2 pieces of 2x4 and put it in a vise. It does not damage the coin and leaves nice reverse images in the wood
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom