OP
Red James Cash
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
yeah but my computer is an old, slow POS. To watch (or listen to) a video I have to start it, then pause it, then wait forever for it to load otherwise it just keeps starting & stopping and annoying me. I usually limit myself to short clips.

Ahhh I hear you NH.Reminds me of the one i just got rid of.I can feel your pain.I know all about it.

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yeah but my computer is an old, slow POS. To watch (or listen to) a video I have to start it, then pause it, then wait forever for it to load otherwise it just keeps starting & stopping and annoying me. I usually limit myself to short clips.

I live in the middle of nothing. LOL No cable,, could possibly get dial up. So I go "my fi" with cell service.. and the nearest tower gives me 2 bars in the good days and I pay for the data. Nope.. I don't download too much. I always hope for the cliff notes:laughing7:

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
I live in the middle of nothing. LOL No cable,, could possibly get dial up. So I go "my fi" with cell service.. and the nearest tower gives me 2 bars in the good days and I pay for the data. Nope.. I don't download too much. I always hope for the cliff notes:laughing7:
Yep I can relate. I'm in the mountains in North East Tennessee. Got Dish Network for TV and internet because it's the only available option. If the wind blows it dosn't work, if it's cloudy it dosn't work, I have to go outside and walk around the yard until I get 2 bars on my cellphone. But I wouldn't trade it for anything. I have great neighbors too. If they give me any trouble I'll eat them...

Attachments

• 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    131.5 KB · Views: 80

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wasn't even talkin about you two warring! LOL!
I know, we all know, who we know.......

I do have a question I figured RJC, or others could answer.
I see those "survival" infomericals and ads, that say there are 3 foods you MUST have to survive.
But they all want money to tell what those 3 foods are. I've also heard there are 7 foods you need, too.

Can anyone tell me, at least what the 3 foods, might be?

I'm sure the real survivors have all put away Clavier Lobster and kolbie Stakes :laughing7: Or other wise all in congress.

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
Love your place NH.
Thanks Dave. It's a good spot to grow old in. The cow belongs to the neighbor. He's got 200 acres and she got through the fence looking for her calf that had got loose. I hear them mooing fairly often but this time it sounded louder than usual. I went onto the back porch to look and found her looking back at me. I can usually be found out here... 8-)

Attachments

• 003 (2).JPG
    003 (2).JPG
    120.6 KB · Views: 57
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    112.3 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
OP
OP
Red James Cash
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
When I lived in NH,the guy up the street raised cows.Every once and a while they would all get loose and I'd end up with a herd of cows on my front lawn.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Yep I can relate. I'm in the mountains in North East Tennessee. Got Dish Network for TV and internet because it's the only available option. If the wind blows it dosn't work, if it's cloudy it dosn't work, I have to go outside and walk around the yard until I get 2 bars on my cellphone. But I wouldn't trade it for anything. I have great neighbors too. If they give me any trouble I'll eat them...

Depending on where you live, we're only a couple - 3 at most - hours apart. Southwest Virginia here, the land my ancestors settled in the early to mid 1700's. Bought it from my grandmother in '79...

Here's a couple pics - I stood in the same footprints, took a pic of the house my grandfather built in '50, turned and took a pic down the driveway...

It is my sanctuary :)

photo 3.JPG

photo 1.JPG

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
Depending on where you live, we're only a couple - 3 at most - hours apart. Southwest Virginia here, the land my ancestors settled in the early to mid 1700's. Bought it from my grandmother in '79...

Here's a couple pics - I stood in the same footprints, took a pic of the house my grandfather built in '50, turned and took a pic down the driveway...

It is my sanctuary :)

View attachment 905919

View attachment 905920
Very nice ! Lived in NH all my life, same house for the last 32 years in fact. A 1790s farmhouse. but the property taxes were kicking my a$$, we got tired of the bitter cold, and it was time for a change. I'm about a 45 minute drive South of Bristol, not far at all from VA.

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The most famous last words uttered in every nation......That could never happen here!!!!

OP
OP
Red James Cash
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Theres something wrong with your garage NHBandit,it looks to clean:laughing9:If i ever get to I'll take some pictures of my brothers garage,you'll be asking where the floor is:laughing7:

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NHB, I'm no cow whisperererer,
but I'd swear that bovine is plotting against that grill! :laughing7:

Beautiful places and pics guys! Thanks for sharing.

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Theres something wrong with your garage NHBandit,it looks to clean:laughing9:If i ever get to I'll take some pictures of my brothers garage,you'll be asking where the floor is:laughing7:

Hold on now Red!! I aint lettin you take a picture of my garage after those! Oh, you said "brother"? Never mind then,,, mine is spotless:tongue3:.

OP
OP
Red James Cash
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Hold on now Red!! I aint lettin you take a picture of my garage after those! Oh, you said "brother"? Never mind then,,, mine is spotless

:laughing9:Dave.The only spotless part in my brothers is the ceiling,then again I do believe thats not the case anymore.Some weasels chased a squirrel around not too long ago.Tore the hell out of the insulation(the ceiling was never closed up)fiberglass hanging down every where.:laughing7:

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I wasn't even talkin about you two warring! LOL!
I know, we all know, who we know.......

I do have a question I figured RJC, or others could answer.
I see those "survival" infomericals and ads, that say there are 3 foods you MUST have to survive.
But they all want money to tell what those 3 foods are. I've also heard there are 7 foods you need, too.

Can anyone tell me, at least what the 3 foods, might be?[/QUOTE

1. Filet Mignon
2. Dom Perignon
3. Brie with rasberries in a pastry shell.
That's if you come down here, cross the Mexican border and sit out the war in Cancun with me and my friends.

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
It will never happen. The fat lazy free ride bunch who voted Oblamer into power will only get upset if the government checks stop coming and some of them are too stoned to fight. The majority of us who do care are too old, and the rest will be outgunned. I'm afraid we are most likely screwed.

Wait a minute buddy. I resent that fat, lazy free ride bunch statement. I been tryin to lose weight and not be so lazy. HONEST. The rest is pretty true though...

OP
OP
Red James Cash
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
1. Filet Mignon
2. Dom Perignon
That's if you come down here, cross the Mexican border and sit out the war in Cancun with me and my friends.

:laughing9::icon_thumright:austin.But what happens if theyre really building the wall and fences to keep us in instead of the mexicans out.:laughing9:

I'll take smoked gouda instead of brie.

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
RJC give me time to clutter it up more. This is only 8 months worth. The middle picture is a pic from this Feb. and a couple as it is now.. It filled up fast

Attachments

• slab finished-2.JPG
    slab finished-2.JPG
    116.5 KB · Views: 54
  • P1010075_2.JPG
    P1010075_2.JPG
    355.1 KB · Views: 55
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    156.2 KB · Views: 59

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can anyone tell me, at least what the 3 foods, might be?

1. Filet Mignon
2. Dom Perignon
LOL! Why thank you Austin! I can contribute lobster and at least a dozen Foxfires, for the beach bonfire! :laughing7:
I'd prefer to come in by boat though, instead of over land.

:laughing9::icon_thumright:austin.But what happens if theyre really building the wall and fences to keep us in instead of the mexicans out.:laughing9:

I'll take smoked gouda instead of brie.
See RJC, we can get around that fence! :laughing7:
I'll throw in a nice cranberry sauce and pecans for the cheeseseses, too! :hello:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread