What's new

common courtesy

teverly said:
my 2 cents take it for what it is worth..if it is a construction site and you dont actually have permission...i have to say what makes it anymore your spot than his...maybe he had been there before or maybe not...technically if you dont have permission you are both trespassing so i would say it is find what you can while you can....
As for a place with permission,if i see someone else detecting or doing anything else and they tell me they dont have permission i would contact the land owner immediately and tell him.....i think you would be better off to do that than let him come out there and find a bunch of people hunting..he is just going to assume that you brought them along and like tennessee digger you will be out of luck......


Ditto
 
I used to have a boat with a bumper sticker on it. It said, "If you get any closer, introduce yourself." I worked a Florida beach... right in the footprints of the guy in front of me (50 yards, or so). I found a man's gold band. Point being made... work your machine as best you can... under the conditions, which includes other hunters. TTC
 
I say make friends with him, you could get a new detecting buddy.
 
If I see you in a park in my town and I do not know you, I'll be over with my gear, to demonstrate a like-mindedness. More than that, in the last week I've introduced my self to 3 newbies and also informed them of TNet and how/where to get info on their hunting techniques.

Yesterday I ran into a gal who had just gotten a BH Landstar from Cabelas and she had a hole one foot deep and more than that wide. She didn't know it, but she was looking for a nail.

I introduced her to my Garret Pro Pointer and told her it's a must for beginners, showed her some of the ropes on digging and hopefully she'll get on here and pickup some more good advice. The other two people over the last week were likewise newbs and they also got the same intro to MD'ing, 100 level course.

And yes, I did swing the coil around them a bit to demonstrate some recovery techniques.

If I bump into you and you're an old hack at this, I'll know and we'll either move on together or not.

Depends on how much of my self righteous banter and condescension you can handle in person....

No such thing as a claim jumper on public property. No such thing as a claim jumper on a site where you don't have permission, either.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom