comparing keene 12v to thompson 12v drywasher

I was in the same position you are, which of the 12v drywashers to choose from. I went with the Thompson and feel that i made the best choice for my application as mobility was a big factor and it fits a pack frame great plus is much lighter then the keene. I called the guy, he and his wife are the nicest people(they shipped it out that morning as soon as i got off the phone!) and detail to workmanship is excellent. The keene is a very good machine i just wouldn't want to pack it in several miles. Hope this helps...Rob

***One more thing, I feel the puffer/bellows type drywashers work most efficient if you classify material down to 1/4".

Last edited:
Some of us in my area are going airless 12v systems for mobility and fine gold recovery. The units we use are also linear in motion instead of a rotating fan.

Some of us in my area are going airless 12v systems for mobility and fine gold recovery. The units we use are also linear in motion instead of a rotating fan.
Airless 12v system? Man I'd sure like to hear more about that if you don't mind explaining. Thanks...Rob

The airless system
1 12v
2 no cloth 30 seconds to clean the tray
3 all plastic housing
4 linear sonic vibration
5 almost no dust
6 can be ran with solar
7 cost effective to get
8 improved efficiency (gets fine GOLD)
9 lightweight
10 Feed rate same as air models
11 doesn't blow out gold

Youtube airless drywasher to see videos of action

I was in the same position you are, which of the 12v drywashers to choose from. I went with the Thompson and feel that i made the best choice for my application as mobility was a big factor and it fits a pack frame great plus is much lighter then the keene. I called the guy, he and his wife are the nicest people(they shipped it out that morning as soon as i got off the phone!) and detail to workmanship is excellent. The keene is a very good machine i just wouldn't want to pack it in several miles. Hope this helps...Rob ***One more thing, I feel the puffer/bellows type drywashers work most efficient if you classify material down to 1/4".
I own both. And won't get rid of either . The Thompson like some one ells said is grate fore back packing , I love it , the keen is grate for bigger jobs while camping .

Attachments

• image-39602815.jpg
    image-39602815.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 689
  • image-2352898028.jpg
    image-2352898028.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 640
jair, it is great to let the kids play with prospecting (toys) :laughing9: passing along the feeever !

If you're in a sunny country , then a solar panel should keep the battery going for a little longer.

jair, it is great to let the kids play with prospecting (toys) :laughing9: passing along the feeever ! If you're in a sunny country , then a solar panel should keep the battery going for a little longer.
well that was a few years ago and they got their eyes on other things , but it was fun at the time .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back