comparing keene 12v to thompson 12v drywasher

Hard Prospector

Aug 29, 2012
SO CAL
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Monster, Sierra Gold Trac, GB2, the Falcon......and just as many drywashers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I was in the same position you are, which of the 12v drywashers to choose from. I went with the Thompson and feel that i made the best choice for my application as mobility was a big factor and it fits a pack frame great plus is much lighter then the keene. I called the guy, he and his wife are the nicest people(they shipped it out that morning as soon as i got off the phone!) and detail to workmanship is excellent. The keene is a very good machine i just wouldn't want to pack it in several miles. Hope this helps...Rob

***One more thing, I feel the puffer/bellows type drywashers work most efficient if you classify material down to 1/4".

Last edited:

dredgeman

Feb 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some of us in my area are going airless 12v systems for mobility and fine gold recovery. The units we use are also linear in motion instead of a rotating fan.

Hard Prospector

Aug 29, 2012
SO CAL
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Monster, Sierra Gold Trac, GB2, the Falcon......and just as many drywashers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Some of us in my area are going airless 12v systems for mobility and fine gold recovery. The units we use are also linear in motion instead of a rotating fan.
Airless 12v system? Man I'd sure like to hear more about that if you don't mind explaining. Thanks...Rob

dredgeman

Feb 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The airless system
1 12v
2 no cloth 30 seconds to clean the tray
3 all plastic housing
4 linear sonic vibration
5 almost no dust
6 can be ran with solar
7 cost effective to get
8 improved efficiency (gets fine GOLD)
9 lightweight
10 Feed rate same as air models
11 doesn't blow out gold

Youtube airless drywasher to see videos of action

jair

Sep 6, 2013
Las Vegas
Detector(s) used
Whites and cheep bounty hunter
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I was in the same position you are, which of the 12v drywashers to choose from. I went with the Thompson and feel that i made the best choice for my application as mobility was a big factor and it fits a pack frame great plus is much lighter then the keene. I called the guy, he and his wife are the nicest people(they shipped it out that morning as soon as i got off the phone!) and detail to workmanship is excellent. The keene is a very good machine i just wouldn't want to pack it in several miles. Hope this helps...Rob ***One more thing, I feel the puffer/bellows type drywashers work most efficient if you classify material down to 1/4".
I own both. And won't get rid of either . The Thompson like some one ells said is grate fore back packing , I love it , the keen is grate for bigger jobs while camping .

Attachments

• image-39602815.jpg
    image-39602815.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 687
  • image-2352898028.jpg
    image-2352898028.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 638

Gelmac

Apr 30, 2012
Sudan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-terra 705 Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jair, it is great to let the kids play with prospecting (toys) :laughing9: passing along the feeever !

If you're in a sunny country , then a solar panel should keep the battery going for a little longer.

jair

Sep 6, 2013
Las Vegas
Detector(s) used
Whites and cheep bounty hunter
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
jair, it is great to let the kids play with prospecting (toys) :laughing9: passing along the feeever ! If you're in a sunny country , then a solar panel should keep the battery going for a little longer.
well that was a few years ago and they got their eyes on other things , but it was fun at the time .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread