Compass

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Old school Compass GoldStar 1000

Back in the day they did OK as it was all we had back then. If it works well it will still find stuff but it was heavy and ate batteries.

OP
OP
CRAZY-TEXICAN

CRAZY-TEXICAN

Jun 15, 2009
Carrollton Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Quattro MP , Minelab Musketeer modified , Tesoro Bandido II micromax , Garrett Groundhog , D-Tex Koin King BFO

This one seems to work pretty good..

LX Kid

Jul 14, 2009
Tampa, FL
Detector(s) used
CZ-21, M/Lab Xtera-70, B/Hunter ID , Tesoro Stingray II, Tesoro Tiger Shark, MXT, Eagle II SL, + Others

As a fellow "Texan" I understand how these stories can take on a life of their own! LoL Bigger, better and DEEPER! Great find and a great detector. It's amazing how much it looks like an older Garrett in design. Congrats on your new/old detector!

cje

Apr 7, 2009
clinton ma
Detector(s) used
minelab sovereign xs
compass machines were great....i bought my first one from ed moody in austin back in 1983....at that time he was a fairly popular writer for the old treasure found magazines. later i upgraded to the xp pro coinscanner and that machine could find silver

Joe(TX)

Aug 21, 2008
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Old School
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
......CRAZY-TEXICAN......Try asking the same question but do it on the "COMPASS DETECTOR FORUM"......I GUARANTEE YOU will get a totally different response.........I think that they are still very popular especially with me.....LOL.....Joe

Joe(TX)

Aug 21, 2008
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Old School
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
....SANDMAN.....You evidently never tried a Compass Gold Scanner or a Compass Coin Scanner......WHICH ARE LITEWEIGHT AND DO NOT EAT BATTERIES.......You must be referring to one of the Green Can detectors..??.....I never had any troubles with batteries......The only series that has a bit of weight is the Challenger Series including the X70, X80, X90 and X100......but these have so many interesting features that most just indure the weight issue or get it hip mounted.......Joe

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread