Competition Metal Detector Hunt Deming NM Mar 13 2022

Nov 15, 2021

Attachments

• DetectorContest 2022.jpg
    DetectorContest 2022.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 149

Tom Emery

Nov 9, 2021
I will be there, never saw metal detectors there before ??? I go for agates. I am trying to get a sample of all the agates from New Mexico and Chihuahua.
Any chance you can post more information...like where in Deming, how much does it cost, campsites ect. I might want to go.
Thanks.

dougachim

Jan 30, 2013
Las Cruces, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Deming is about 50 miles west of Las Cruces on I-10. There are camping places all over. I don't think it costs anything but if it does it is not more than $5.00.

Tom Emery

Nov 9, 2021
Deming is about 50 miles west of Las Cruces on I-10. There are camping places all over. I don't think it costs anything but if it does it is not more than $5.00.
Thanks..I could just barely read the sign. It's going to be at the Rockhound Roundup if that helps. They should have something posted on the net.

B_treasuresearcher

Tenderfoot
Sep 17, 2020
Detector(s) used
Barska Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’d like to recommend for beginners the Barska Pro, which can be bought for about $90 at Best Buy, likely online, and similarly at Walmart, a good value for a fun recreational hobby. I will maybe become a Barska Pro(fessional) myself ..heh

Last edited:

Tom Emery

Nov 9, 2021
What city and state
Hey Salvage Diver,
Where are you located? I spent some time underwater. I've salvaged boats from San Diego to the Channel Islands.
I plan on going to this shindig. I will be the guy with a German Shepherd, a Belgian Malinois, and a GPZ7000.
Hope to see you there. We can swap horror stories.

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & Explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can PM me here for details too.....b
Thanks for the information. I love the Deming area and plan on being in that area in the next month or so rockhounding. I will try to coordinate time to be at the detector competition. Nice people in that area. Or there was the last time I was there a few years back.
I will have my metal detector with me but do not know of any private property in that area where I could look for relics. I plan on using my detector on some GPAA sites. I primarily hunt gems/rocks and relics.

Tom Emery

Nov 9, 2021
Thanks for the information. I love the Deming area and plan on being in that area in the next month or so rockhounding. I will try to coordinate time to be at the detector competition. Nice people in that area. Or there was the last time I was there a few years back.
I will have my metal detector with me but do not know of any private property in that area where I could look for relics. I plan on using my detector on some GPAA sites. I primarily hunt gems/rocks and relics.
I'm going to try to be there. I've driven through that town so many times. Never actually checked it out. Here is the opportunity. See you there. Look for the guy with 2 dogs ( German Shepherd &Belgian Malinois).

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & Explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm going to try to be there. I've driven through that town so many times. Never actually checked it out. Here is the opportunity. See you there. Look for the guy with 2 dogs ( German Shepherd &Belgian Malinois).
Should be easy to spot you. I will look for you. I will be an old man with an Australian Terrier that weighs 15 pounds but thinks she weighs 150 lbs.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread