Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
treasurehuntingwithbillg
Nov 15, 2021
Any chance you can post more information...like where in Deming, how much does it cost, campsites ect. I might want to go.
Thanks.
hi tom deming is right on I10 in the lower part of new mexico, full of great places to hunt for many things, and it is a campers paradise. There are never shortages of RV spaces, even the Winery just opened RV spaces at its cool facility, and there is ittle Vineyard RV, and Roadrunner, and many more. BLM is very accessible here too, something most people are not used to, look into it. Thanks for wriuting, I will monitor this thread and add to it.....check the blog for things about deming as i did some articles about the museum and thundereggs in Lost Treasure and its all posted there.....the blog search works good and i am posting more local stuff and some agatized coral stuff in next few days....check out the pix i attached, it is stagecoach iron from the Trails out here.

Attachments

• DSC07783.JPG
    DSC07783.JPG
    875.5 KB · Views: 52
OP
OP
treasurehuntingwithbillg
Nov 15, 2021
thanks for all the interest, there is a lot more info at my blog, and i will keep track of this here.....here is one of my cover pix from a lost treasure article i did about hachita:

Attachments

• DSC04326.JPG
    DSC04326.JPG
    375 KB · Views: 53

Tom Emery

Nov 9, 2021
hi tom deming is right on I10 in the lower part of new mexico, full of great places to hunt for many things, and it is a campers paradise. There are never shortages of RV spaces, even the Winery just opened RV spaces at its cool facility, and there is ittle Vineyard RV, and Roadrunner, and many more. BLM is very accessible here too, something most people are not used to, look into it. Thanks for wriuting, I will monitor this thread and add to it.....check the blog for things about deming as i did some articles about the museum and thundereggs in Lost Treasure and its all posted there.....the blog search works good and i am posting more local stuff and some agatized coral stuff in next few days....check out the pix i attached, it is stagecoach iron from the Trails out here.

Thanks Bill,
There seems to be a healthy interest in the upcoming Deming event. I'm going to be there. You'll recognize me by my 2 dogs, Jake (6 yr.old German Shepherd) and SUSU (A very young Belgian Malinois). Look forward to meeting you.
Tom Emery

dougachim

Jan 30, 2013
Las Cruces, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Bill,
There seems to be a healthy interest in the upcoming Deming event. I'm going to be there. You'll recognize me by my 2 dogs, Jake (6 yr.old German Shepherd) and SUSU (A very young Belgian Malinois). Look forward to meeting you.
Tom Emery
I will be there the first morning and probably be a the Adobe Deli for a few beers after the show.

OP
OP
treasurehuntingwithbillg
Nov 15, 2021
Hi here is a map of Deming. You take country club road south from the main drag which is Business 1,0 also known as pine. Country club is easy to see because the gold course is highly visible. Its on the east side of town. Go south on country club to first left turn about a mile down. Ballfields. That road winds some just go left at stop sign, and it will bring you to the fairgrounds and the DGMS facility, where the rock show and detector contest are held.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-01-15 at 12-08-27 deming map - Google Search.png
    Screenshot 2022-01-15 at 12-08-27 deming map - Google Search.png
    75.4 KB · Views: 57

Tom Emery

Nov 9, 2021
Hi here is a map of Deming. You take country club road south from the main drag which is Business 1,0 also known as pine. Country club is easy to see because the gold course is highly visible. Its on the east side of town. Go south on country club to first left turn about a mile down. Ballfields. That road winds some just go left at stop sign, and it will bring you to the fairgrounds and the DGMS facility, where the rock show and detector contest are held.
Hello Bill,
Great directions. Should be easy to find. Just follow all the cars, right? I imagine a lot of folks will be heading in that direction.
Thanks,
Tom Emery

OP
OP
treasurehuntingwithbillg
Nov 15, 2021
Hello Bill,
Great directions. Should be easy to find. Just follow all the cars, right? I imagine a lot of folks will be heading in that direction.
Thanks,
Tom Emery
Hi Tom there usually is a pretty big crowd for this four day show, and the detector hunt is on the last day. You are right its fairly easy to find, and there will be sandwich board and placard type signs out on all major corners around the show. The detector hunt will be outside the fence on the west side of the DGMS facility. I take one of my old detectors and hang it up high on the pole by the entrance, which is adjacent to the main parking lot between the show and the clubhouse.
b

OP
OP
treasurehuntingwithbillg
Nov 15, 2021
checking in because i said i would, all good here, adding some cool prizes purchased by the rock club, including another gold piece which is 1/3 gram texas ingot. hee hee. ingot, right....but its something. this year the tokens will be actual coins, large clads from mexico, and some will be numbered, those are the table prizes. Also wheats and kennedy halves will be in the ground and a few ancients too. the detector prize is a gofind 11, cheap but good. there are antique bottles as prizes, cut and polished gemstones, fossils, meterorites and more. Hope to see everyone there. i loaded Was. #12 today, and all the info is in there. i just uploaded it here too, and thats nice, i can do that every month no problem. thanks to treasurenet for the help here!

b

Attachments

• was12mar.pdf
    5.4 MB · Views: 48
OP
OP
treasurehuntingwithbillg
Nov 15, 2021
there has been some kind of identity theft here in deming, one of my entrants told me he contacted the deming rock club and someone there told him i fell off a roof and got injured, which is just another deming lie here in the land of entrapment....i think they used another person at a hospital to further steal my identity which is an ongoing thing here and in florida...the nm people used the VA and the postal service to try to disappear me, they do that by getting you to move away from places you are known through some kind of attack, and then subbing other people so the locals if they have to resort to things like that they must be close to being busted....here is this months Was.

Attachments

• was13.pdf
    5.1 MB · Views: 55
OP
OP
treasurehuntingwithbillg
Nov 15, 2021
the metal detector competition is going on and everything is fine no matter what any of the petty liars and super-hero police here in the land of entrapment say.....b

Attachments

• DetectorContest 2022.jpg
    DetectorContest 2022.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 44
OP
OP
treasurehuntingwithbillg
Nov 15, 2021
ok, so far so good with the competition hunt, there is not a lot ofmssing around with the weather the last few days, so i am hoping for blue skies and nice temps, today is the first day of the dgms show, i was there yesterday and will be around saturday and of course sunday for the competition....look for the metal detector up above the fence corner near the clubhouse parking lot...i will be takingpix as the competition happens and posting here and elsewhere live. ....b

Riverbum

Jul 13, 2011
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
and lets not forget that Fort Cummings old pre-civil war fort, and post- civil war too plus Cookes peak area is near by. Lots of old cartridges 1858 to be found. The whole area is very interesting with its own Treasure legends and sooo much history. A lot of interesting OLD MINES around about a mile from the from the old fort area. The Mormon Batallion actually stayed a few days at the Fort also during their march to California. Good Metal detecting around there! Definetly a lot of ARROWHEADS.

OP
OP
treasurehuntingwithbillg
Nov 15, 2021
the detector meet is going on now and there are more than a dozen hunters from az and other parts of nm.

Attachments

• DSC05574.JPG
    DSC05574.JPG
    952.8 KB · Views: 43
  • DSC05573.JPG
    DSC05573.JPG
    809.1 KB · Views: 42
  • DSC05572.JPG
    DSC05572.JPG
    801.1 KB · Views: 39
  • DSC05575.JPG
    DSC05575.JPG
    755.5 KB · Views: 42
OP
OP
treasurehuntingwithbillg
Nov 15, 2021
prizes ready for claiming, as usual some people have foudn a lot and soe nottoo good, there are people with real small coils out here and thats not a good idea. we have prizes for most trash and then numbered prizes 1 to 65.

Attachments

• DSC05582.JPG
    DSC05582.JPG
    820.9 KB · Views: 42
  • DSC05586.JPG
    DSC05586.JPG
    575.3 KB · Views: 42
  • DSC05587.JPG
    DSC05587.JPG
    785.3 KB · Views: 42
OP
OP
treasurehuntingwithbillg
Nov 15, 2021
ok that is that for another year, overall it was great for the first year after the covid hysteria, and almost all of my contestants were from out of town, tucson albuquerque other places, a deming couple with their daughter who were very nice and it was super great to see ted phillips and his wife laura, we are planning some hunts soon....i got to spend some quality time with keith and rhonda rickwartz of san antonio, and as always a blast with them too...future hunts WILL transpire keith! there will be a better and more in depth coverage at next months Was. 9here as pdf0 and also treasurehuntingwithbillgallagher.blogspot.com

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread