Complete tombac bell, silver, buckles, and bits...

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Admittedly I haven't been getting out because of the heat. This is what I've been up to lately in an area that saw a lot of activity in the late 18th century- 19th century.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1497386482.943842.jpg

Two unmarked dandies and a marked brass flat button.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1497386519.523267.jpg

Round ball and rifle bullets, and a 30-06 clip

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1497386553.559335.jpg
Compact lid and a complete late 19th century watch

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1497386591.028607.jpg

Victorian era buckles and such.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1497386617.961412.jpg
Two complete and one 1/2 lead seal

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1497387026.180729.jpg

Indians, wheat, and silver

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1497386637.466004.jpg

Keys, and the double is a type I haven't seen before. Any ideas on the age? My guess is 20th Century

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1497386681.506957.jpg

And two complete bells. The brass one is cracked, but the tombac one is beautiful.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1497386715.614428.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1497386725.493967.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1497386734.417228.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1497386747.404918.jpg

The sunburst bottom half, material, and the hand etched size "2" has me tending toward 18th Century.

Well that's what I've got for now.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1497386900.920446.jpg
Summer is upon us and the green is growing. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1497386890.602927.jpg

Good digs and enjoy

Steve

Upvote 33
Spent just under 5 minutes googling your double key.... got nothing.
My wife has a stiffy for stuff like that.

Well done, Scrap...I was drawn to the buckles, usually they don't fire me up but those are really awesome! Congrats on everything you found, great hunt...Ddf

Nothing wrong with those buddy. Just enough to get you to your next big find. This weather is tough but I'm not complaining after the wi tee we had. That's a very nice bell

Looks like a good hunt to me congrats on the nice variety of finds

Thanks Art. I've basically been marching over grounds scattered with old activity. No homes, at best a road or path, and a pond. There's very little pattern, but right now it's the best I've got with the summer scrub.

Spent just under 5 minutes googling your double key.... got nothing.
My wife has a stiffy for stuff like that.

I saw one a while back, somewhere, but wasn't really paying attention. It looks almost like a transition piece from skeleton key to flat boring keys, so I figure early 20th Century(ish) lol

I like the bells and the keys, the key has to be for a specialized purpose but what?

Congratualtions on the super coin and relic hunt! :notworthy:

Killer stuff Steve, love the silver and bells! What year is the Barber quarter?

That's an odd key for sure. From what I can find, it looks to be a split shaft key for a steamer trunk similar to this one:ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1497402845.209924.jpg

Nice variety of finds Scrappy !!! Dude that double key really captures my attention, specially since J. Cache identified it as a trunk key, just really cool..... no where's the trunk of gold? Congrats and HH

Nice going on the finds and the bell its great looking. It seems now its planted, or overgrown, go into the bush and get eaten alive by blood suckers, but all still worth while.

Awesome bells man. I dunno why I can't find one of those damn things. Not too shabby for a few quick hunts. :occasion14:

Nothing wrong with those buddy. Just enough to get you to your next big find. This weather is tough but I'm not complaining after the wi tee we had. That's a very nice bell

Yep, some of the older finds in the group feeds the hope that there's more. It's a rough site with no condensed areas of finds really. On top of that, we had such a mild winter that we're about a month ahead in growth. In other words, not much will be happening until the fall Brother

Killer stuff Steve, love the silver and bells! What year is the Barber quarter?

That's an odd key for sure. From what I can find, it looks to be a split shaft key for a steamer trunk similar to this one:View attachment 1461842

Very nice research J! Thanks - interestingly, that key came from one of my "nautical" sites

Awesome bells man. I dunno why I can't find one of those damn things. Not too shabby for a few quick hunts. :occasion14:

Now here I would of bet that you would have had a display case full of these bells by now. Strange how the finds are pretty common in some areas and not in others that's what makes this hobby so great.

Nice going on the finds and the bell its great looking. It seems now its planted, or overgrown, go into the bush and get eaten alive by blood suckers, but all still worth while.

Absolutely. Enduring the heat, bugs, and overgrowth for a few scraps only makes sense to other diggers.

Hello scrappy what a good variety of old items I do love the crotal bells
Looks like your getting closer to your site
See you soon hh gl.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back