What's new

Completed my Jefferson Collection!

Rosco53

Hero Member
Joined
Mar 17, 2018
Messages
720
Reaction score
1,749
Golden Thread
0
Location
Bryant, WI
Detector(s) used
Tracker IV (hobby lobby 40% off ;-) )
Primary Interest:
Other
4 bags today, got my 21st Buffalo:
S20181112_0007.webpS20181112_0005.webp

First George V1:
S20181112_0001.webpS20181112_0002.webp

And, the final piece!!!:
S20181112_0003.webpS20181112_0004.webp

I did my first Nickel bag on April 13th, so was able to complete my Jefferson collection in just under 7 months. In that time:
202,000 nickels searched
21 Buffalo Nickels
5 Liberty Nickels
66 War Nickels
Coins from 12 different countries

Funny thing is, I started out hoping just to find a single Buffalo... Happy hunting everyone!
 
Upvote 0
Wow that a lot of nickels. Congrats!
 
I love how this coin thing can morph in full obsession. Great job following through and accomplishing a goal that just started with one. I love it....congratulations.

What’s next?
 
Congrats my friend, a very cool accomplishment. I've hunted more than twice that many nickels and still need the '43-D you jut found. I've found 135 war nickels, 228 buffalo's, 11 V nickels, 37 proof nickels and not a single 1943-D. Nice work.
 
Rosco: nice job on the completion in such a short period. Now if you can help me with completion of the Lincoln cents series (Wheaties), for my THIRTEEN GRANDKIDS, hahaha.
 
Awesome job! Congrats
 
Rosco: nice job on the completion in such a short period. Now if you can help me with completion of the Lincoln cents series (Wheaties), for my THIRTEEN GRANDKIDS, hahaha.

I still have to complete my first set of Lincolns. I think I have like 34 wheats to go...
 
Congrats my friend, a very cool accomplishment. I've hunted more than twice that many nickels and still need the '43-D you jut found. I've found 135 war nickels, 228 buffalo's, 11 V nickels, 37 proof nickels and not a single 1943-D. Nice work.

Twice the amount, yet 10x the buffaloes!? Must be nice :-p Trade ya the 43d for 200 buffaloes?
 
I love how this coin thing can morph in full obsession. Great job following through and accomplishing a goal that just started with one. I love it....congratulations.

What’s next?

I really didn't have this in mind as a goal, just a side effect I guess. Started off searching for Buffaloes, found war nickels, and some nice regular ones, figured as long as I was searching keep the dates too... As for whats next, same ol'. Keep getting bags hoping for Buffalos and maybe another Liberty...
 
I really didn't have this in mind as a goal, just a side effect I guess. Started off searching for Buffaloes, found war nickels, and some nice regular ones, figured as long as I was searching keep the dates too... As for whats next, same ol'. Keep getting bags hoping for Buffalos and maybe another Liberty...
I found ~170+ buffalo’s, 4 V’s, many old Canadians and every Non-silver Jefferson expect the ‘50-d from a $32 CWR pick up several years ago.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom