What's new

Completed O/U Dive Shaft

Fletch88

Silver Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2013
Messages
4,874
Reaction score
2,371
Golden Thread
0
Location
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finally finished prototype over and under dive shaft for my Excalibur. What do you think?
 

Attachments

  • image-408608665.webp
    image-408608665.webp
    56.9 KB · Views: 174
  • image-2021436539.webp
    image-2021436539.webp
    67.4 KB · Views: 156
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Prototype, not . Anderson shafts already has it. Sorry !!
 
Yes I know but so far I have $30 in it. It's a prototype to me. I used the stock dive setup last weekend and decided to throw one together with better arm cuff and handle.
 
Thanks mxruxpin! I have just started detecting while diving (20 years diving experience). I've discovered that in the freshwater lakes where I will be diving mostly, depth isn't near as important as discrimination and trying to weed through canslaw, cigarette lighters, and all sorts of party debris. Target retrieval can be tricky when visibility is less than 1-2' and fanning with left hand and rescanning seems to work well. Pulltabs sound so good but usually get displaced by fanning while heavier targets will stay put.
 
yeppers, some of my lakes have zero visibility, kinda slow and sometimes confusing work, but still fun. I made one similar to yours outta pvc, cant wait to use it. I have a hookah, pretty stinkin fun. tons of beer cans and trash, an occasional goodie here and there. I usually try to find the floaters, ive kinda find if I just let them float away i swim in a circle and have to refind them anyway haha.

Thanks mxruxpin! I have just started detecting while diving (20 years diving experience). I've discovered that in the freshwater lakes where I will be diving mostly, depth isn't near as important as discrimination and trying to weed through canslaw, cigarette lighters, and all sorts of party debris. Target retrieval can be tricky when visibility is less than 1-2' and fanning with left hand and rescanning seems to work well. Pulltabs sound so good but usually get displaced by fanning while heavier targets will stay put.
 
I like it !! Very nice and the cost is great....:thumbsup:
 
Nice. Where did you find the handle for it?
The handle came off my Plugger straight shaft when I did the pinpoint mod. I like the handles OBN uses in pp kit better. I believe he said it's a bicycle grip of some kind. For a wet sand setup the little hook he puts on the end really helps with balance and ergonomics, but maybe not necessary on a dive setup.
 
Last edited:
I use the bicycle handle bar extensions sold in bike shops, they work perfectly. .






American by birth, Patriot by choice.

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......
 
nice. I was wondering where you ordered the handle from?
Email plugger1946@gmail.com and see if you can buy handle separately. I got this handle off of a complete carbon fiber rod I ordered from plugger since Joe Beechnuts pinpoint kit comes with a different style handle. Or go to a bicycle shop as Treasure Hunter has suggested and look at bicycle handlebar extensions It is normally is a 7/8" diameter rod used for shaft material.
 
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom