diggingthe1

Silver Member
Feb 11, 2015
Victor, CO...City of Mines
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ800, Ex2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was thinking of posting this in the thrift store section, but you guys love seeing the old pottery!!! This was staring me in the face last night at the thrift store!!!! I wish I would have started a collection a long time ago. I will put this on eBay and see where it ends up! IMG_20210826_170726675~2.jpg
I can't find any information on the jug at all. I love seeing these if you have any please post them!!! I sold one for this gentleman(from Pueblo) and it had a broken handle. It brought 600!!! The handle on this one is in good shape!!!

Red-Coat

Gold Member
Dec 23, 2019
Surrey, UK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cute. I have a couple of these somewhere in one of my storage boxes. Some of them can indeed be rather valuable to the right collector. A lot of people assume that they held liquor and, although some of them did, it wasn't always the case. A quick Google didn't reveal what type of business "O. Winter" might have been. You might be interested in this article, written by a collector:

https://www.fohbc.org/PDF_Files/CollectingMiniJugs_RVanBrocklin.pdf

OP
OP
diggingthe1

diggingthe1

Silver Member
Feb 11, 2015
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ800, Ex2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the posts! I sure enjoyed both the links also!! . I'll put this on eBay and see what happens!! It would have been nice if it was a local one. I might try to contact a Facebook history page on Ashland to see if they can dig up anything first.

OP
OP
diggingthe1

diggingthe1

Silver Member
Feb 11, 2015
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ800, Ex2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought I would add this to the post. I found this out on a history facebook page. Pretty neat to tie it to a gentleman with a story! Screenshot_20210829-024836.png Screenshot_20210829-024858.png Oregon approved liquor 5 years early, so the jug must be before 1915! The pictures are from the find a grave website.

Molewacker

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2015
Yacolt WA
Detector(s) used
EQ 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought I would add this to the post. I found this out on a history facebook page. Pretty neat to tie it to a gentleman with a story! View attachment 1944756 View attachment 1944757 Oregon approved liquor 5 years early, so the jug must be before 1915! The pictures are from the find a grave website.

Awesome you were able to tie the jug to the name in your article! Be sure to put this in your eBay listing!

epackage

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2010
Hewitt N.J.
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle
Primary Interest:
Other
I was thinking of posting this in the thrift store section, but you guys love seeing the old pottery!!! This was staring me in the face last night at the thrift store!!!! I wish I would have started a collection a long time ago. I will put this on eBay and see where it ends up
I can't find any information on the jug at all. I love seeing these if you have any please post them!!! I sold one for this gentleman(from Pueblo) and it had a broken handle. It brought 600!!! The handle on this one is in good shape!!!
Nice jug, there is one on Ebay now if you want an idea on what it might be worth... https://www.ebay.com/itm/373701428048?hash=item5702574350:g:rBEAAOSwrNhhKpcW

OP
OP
diggingthe1

diggingthe1

Silver Member
Feb 11, 2015
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ800, Ex2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Epackage, I will be pretty excited to watch the countdown when it ends. Hopefully I can get to a computer today to edit the listing and add those pictures. Hi sandchip, I sure enjoy selling these types of items on eBay. Hopefully I'll run into a few local ones someday. I sure hope it gets into a little bidding war:)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread