What's new

🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Concave Button - Looking for approximate date

Iron Buzz

Bronze Member
Joined
Oct 12, 2016
Messages
1,755
Reaction score
2,395
Golden Thread
0
Location
South St Paul, MN
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I found this yesterday at a site that dates to 1855. It is the only possibly period artifact I found there so I'd love to be able to say conclusively how old it is. I have had one exert state 1820s but he provided no proof beyond his (rather formidable) reputation. There is no design on the front, and the only possibly identifiable mark is a circle of triangles around the loop shank on the back.

Please refrain from guessing. Do you know that backmark or have a photo of something similar?

ingcIX1[1].jpg
SLKvAGf[2].jpg
 
I can do similar, my site I’ve got near 1830, not concave but it has a triangle pattern around the shank. Nothing on the front, strongly suspect it’s from a na trade site.
3A34A397-F9A9-4CAA-BF28-D3B2E2034275.jpeg
EE67BCD6-F381-4874-80B4-8CD67277FED0.jpeg
 
Upvote 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom