Confederate Air Force cowboy hat - pricing help please

meanpc

Jun 11, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Picked this up this past weekend at a yard sale. The lady's dad was in the CAF (now known as Commemorative Air Force). I found some CAF ball caps, but was not able to find any of these CAF cowboy hats. Anybody seen one of these before or have any idea what kind of value they have? I paid $4.

FullSizeRender.jpg
IMG_2523.JPG
IMG_2524.JPG
IMG_2525.JPG

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yours would be more desirable I would think with the CAF Ghost Squadron logo actually on the underside of the hat. Notice the one in the link provided is a Resistol brand.

OP
OP
M

meanpc

Jun 11, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yours would be more desirable I would think with the CAF Ghost Squadron logo actually on the underside of the hat. Notice the one in the link provided is a Resistol brand.

I noticed that - looks like it could be an emblem attached to a generic hat, although those resistol hats aren't that cheap themselves. Mine has the CAF logo in the top liner and on the hat band. I'll start it at 60 tonight and see what happens.

When I bought the hat, I held the hat and a 1959 LSU Gumbo yearbook up in the air for the lady to price for me. $8! Both items belonged to her dad. That yearbook is fairly desirable around here.

The football team won the national championship that year, and Billy Cannon was on that team - won the Heisman the next year. In the Sugar Bowl, LSU beat Clemson 7-0. Cannon threw the touchdown pass for the only score in that game, LSU won 7-0.

OP
OP
M

meanpc

Jun 11, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hat sold for $101 last night! (shipping not included)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions