CONFEDERATE GOLD IN DANVILLE, VA.

You'll just have to take it with a grain of salt. I don't believe it was even published. Nobody really talked about it. I could see if I can find a answer. I'll look in my Danville book just too see if I can find a answer, if it talks about Dibrell?

The Diebrell's were an "old money" Virginia family through the tobacco business and owned several properties in and around Danville.
Franklin, do you have any newspaper articles that mention this discovery of CSA gold bars?
Did this story ever appear in a "70's treasure magazine?
Nobody was talking. Do not know about magazines?

Nobody was talking. Do not know about magazines?
If "nobody was talking", how was Franklin able to get this story and contact the men who were the boys who claimed to have found the gold bars in a buikding owned by the Diebrell family.
Somebody had to talk, sometime for Franklin to get involved with these men.

Franklin is a great treasure hunter and a interviewer. For the most part people were not talking.

Honestly, Samuel, if you say so, but he has been known to fill in the blanks with imaginative creative embellishments like the elaborate details posted about the Beale adventure/treasure tale which are NOT mentioned in THE BEALE PAPERS, the ONLY source of the Beale story.
Once bitten, twice shy as the grains of salt grow.

Honestly, Samuel, if you say so, but he has been known to fill in the blanks with imaginative creative embellishments like the elaborate details posted about the Beale adventure/treasure tale which are NOT mentioned in THE BEALE PAPERS, the ONLY source of the Beale story.
Once bitten, twice shy as the grains of salt grow.

It takes "salt" to make gunpowder. Wow.https://godanriver.com/news/local/t...cle_0ca1f372-6b50-59bd-9423-bb64e6cd84ea.html

ECS, Those two boys replied to questions and answers and post on this article in the Danville Registrar & Bee Newspaper. I found their addresses and phone numbers through the links to talk with each other. We conversed many times on the telephone till the oldest died. I still have the phone number and Email for the youngest brother. But actually he was too young. But he does remember the graves, the gold bars and such.

Last edited:
There we have it! That's about as close as we ever will know.
There's probably other buildings that might have a gold bar or two beneath them!

I've already read about this story, Spruyt sure did say alot that there was treasure buried all over the South! What does he know
that we do not? Why would he even say this?

I've already read about this story, Spruyt sure did say alot that there was treasure buried all over the South! What does he know
that we do not? Why would he even say this?
You need to reread that paragraph.
John Spruyt after denying permission to a certain treasure hunter to dig up a grave in the Danville National Cemetery to recover alleged maps to 58 KGC depositories, added:
"He (the TH denied permission) claims there's treasure all over the South".
In addition to Spruyt, US Rep Robert Hurt and Steve Muro also not believing their treasure story presentation, also denied permission to dig at that site.

Last edited:
My bad! They want let you dig in a graveyard. But what if there was another treasure not buried in the graveyards?

Another source that can confirm this as actually happening beyond what was told to Franklin by old men based on their childhood memories.
You do not sound like a believer, I am and I am from Connecticut, Too far for me to travel. I believe Franklin.

My bad! They want let you dig in a graveyard. But what if there was another treasure not buried in the graveyards?

There are hundreds of tons of gold that are not in cemeteries but you have to have the maps buried in the cemeteries to find the treasures. I have the treasures, their amounts, their town, city, mountains or property owners but without the maps you can never find them. As I said there is 889 large gold bricks within 18 to 20 miles of Danville, Va. and with it are eight thirty-gallon pots of gold specie. Which is $20,000 to the gallon which comes up to about $4.8 Million in face value. There is over $8 Million face value in gold coins buried in Danville, Va along with the "Large Mexican Cache" of over 160,000 Mexican Silver Dollars. Then there is $21 Million face value in gold coins, up near Roanoke and Salem, Virginia. There is over $8 Million in gold coins up near Winchester, Virginia. Along the Ohio in West Virginia is another $8 Million in gold coins face value. Then there is another "Large Cache of 889 Gold Bars" in Tennessee in the mountains. And the list goes on and on. I have the names of the locations, the landowners, the amounts of the treasure but without the maps you could search a lifetime and not find one of these treasures. Our country needs the maps to recover these treasures to place them in our National Treasury. They go digging after a "ghost" treasure in Pennsylvania but they will not help when it comes to actual treasures.

Bottom of the page shows 0 comments, but John Spruyt, Dir of National Cemeteries in Danville, one line comment speaks volumes.

ECS, That was over 7 years ago. GoDanRiver removed the comments. I have copies of them. But that is private now. John Spruyt is not the Director of National Cemeteries in Danville, Va. He is nothing but a caretaker of the cemetery working for the National Cemetery Administration. A Contractor.

Last edited:
I end to believe Franklin, I believe he has plenty of intelligence about this subject and I'm at the point where everything may or not be the exactly truth, in this story anything is possible! Look at the picture of the beech tree, if you turn the picture to the left, you'll see a picture of Jefferson Davis with his frown that I have spoken about! It has some other pictures also ! LOOK CAREFULLY! ENLARG ED D IT A LITTLE

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back