Confederate Gold In Florida

dkamp

Oct 13, 2004
As Director of the local county historical museum, I am researching the Confederate gold that was secreted here. I have just finished reading "Shadow of the Sentinel" and found it very interesting. There are many local legends of hidden gold here in Lake County. (We are located in central Florida just north of Orlando.)

I'd appreciate any further sources of information that the list could share. I would like to communicate with Bob Barker directly as we have some clues and possibilities that we would like his opinion of. If anyone could provide his e-mail address, I'd certainly appreciate it.

Thank you.

I don't know Bob Barkers' e-mail address but I have heard of these confederate gold legends in FL..Particularly one on the south end of lake Okeechobee.I've also" heard" that it is just that,a legend with little or no data to back it up.I would be very interested to know what your research turns up, even if it is ,after you find some "confederate" gold :).Keep us posted!GOOD LUCK and H.H.

Bob Barker has a television game show called "The Price is Right". Bob Brewer is Hillbilly Bob the person talked about in Shadow of the Sentinel. Send an email to hbissell@iwon and he can forward it to one of HBB's email addresses. I also have that email address but I'm not going to post it on a public forum. If HBB wants to do something like that he will do it himself. exanimo, ss

Dell said:
There is a huge KGC depository of Treasure and armament covering several square miles near Arcadia, Florida. There is a thick bed of fine textured clay strata below the surface in this area which both the Pirates, and the KGC utilized by cutting chambers in the clay and sealing the entrances with clay. Water is unable to permate the clay protecting the valuables for hundreds of years.

There is? Confederate treasure buried throughout Florida. Both the Confederate & Union army maintained camps at Webster, Florida where they purchased cattle to feed the troops.

I live in Haines City. 863 422-5454 Dell
Well,now that you've peaked my interest,I see you are a professional salvatore,do you have any examples of your " FLORIDA CONFEDERATE GOLD FINDS"?I too am a resident,haven't been to Arcadia lately,not since "Charlie"anyway.Webster i've heard about,do you have a site link to Arcadia?

Arcadia is a real mess right now. I went through there last week on the way to Ft. Lauderdale to pick up a Brownie 390. Peace River still has roofs, trailers, you name it in it, and is well out of the banks for quite some distance. If your target is anywhere around the river you might want to wait awhile, it's probably underwater right now.

Good luck.

MM

;)It makes one wonder why a pirate would be interested in burying his treasure in a place where it would last hundreds of years when their life expectancy by that age probably wouldn't be? more than 10 or 20 years if that. I would think that they would be much more likely to spend it wildly. Also it would seem to be difficult for one person to accumulate and keep possession of anything more than a modest amount of goods or money considering the company they kept. I read somewhere that the captain or head pirate served only with the approval of the crew which would make sense, since neither the crew nor crew members were held accountable by any governing body and any member or group of members of the crew could eliminate the good captain at will if they could overpower him and his buddies. When people don't respect and abide by the rule of law the only factor at work is power. The most powerful rule and take what they want. It's seldom, if ever, that an individual is more powerful than a group so I'm wondering if any pirate captain ever buried any treasure. :-\

While this may be a old post, it is new for me. I am always interesting in Civil War and Pirates stories. I live in Bridgeport, Connecticut.

There is nothing there. A professional treasure hunting group searched all over Archer with sophisticated equipment and found nothing.

Thanks #7. There are many stories about the Confederate Army buries treasures. But, the bad news, none in Connecticut where I live.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back