What's new

Confederate Rifleman's Button!!! And More.............

lowcountry

Full Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2015
Messages
148
Reaction score
452
Golden Thread
0
Location
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Umax
Deus XP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys!!! Been a while since I have been on here, way too busy at work. Finally got out this weekend and boy did I find some stuff!! The R button came from the area I have been pounding for over a year!! I hear they are pretty rare.....every time I change my settings on the Deus a little bit I find more. The rosette type thing is a twin to the one I found in the spring about 75 yards away, and by a lot of studying manuscript letters online I have figured out that the initials are JS, which are the initials of the original landowner in 1696!!! These pics are all from the 2 spots I hit this weekend....I think I did pretty well!!! I changed the settings to wide open no discrimination, audio response 6, reactivity 4, sens 90, and I just listen for the high tones. One thing I have noticed is that a lot of iron signals according to the numbers are flashing on the non ferrous side of the horseshoe graph....which makes me think I should be digging a lot more iron signals!! I think the silver thing may be part of a powder flask?? and the black handle looking thing with the threaded end I have no idea.....barrel tap and eagle buttons and buckles from new site. Hope you guys enjoy the pics and give me some feedback!! :headbang: Thanks for looking!!! 20161102_182417_resized.webp20161102_184358_resized.webp20161102_184406_resized.webp20161102_184415_resized.webp20161102_184426_resized.webp20161102_184450_resized.webp20161119_121835_resized.webp20161119_121855_resized.webp20161119_121905_resized.webp20161119_121917_resized.webp20161119_121936_resized.webp20161119_121950_resized.webp20161119_192017_resized.webp20161119_192403_resized.webp20161120_093734_resized.webp20161102_183744_resized.webp20161102_183735_resized.webp20161102_182428_resized.webp20161102_182437_resized.webp20161102_182443_resized.webp20161102_182450_resized.webp20161102_182456_resized.webp20161102_182502_resized.webp20161102_182509_resized.webp20161102_183102_resized.webp20161102_183114_resized.webp20161102_183120_resized.webp20161102_183127_resized.webp20161102_183458_resized.webp20161102_183504_resized.webp20161102_183723_resized.webp20161120_093826_resized.webp
 
Upvote 48
Very Nice finds. That R button is awesome.
 
Great button!
 
Congrats on the Confederate Rifleman's button Josh, a rare dig indeed. Even more spectacular is the other half of that colonial rosette. Glad to see you back in the dirt bud
 
Awesome button! That would make my year. Nice marines button and Eagle's. Hh
 
Great finds, great pictures. Good for you.
 
Really tough button to dig, nice find
 
Excellent R button, that's a great hunt! Congrats

HH RN
 
Congrats on some really nice variety. The threaded piece reminds me of a footrest or peg off a bicycle.
Congrats on a nice hunt.
 
Congrats on the Confederate Rifleman's button Josh, a rare dig indeed. Even more spectacular is the other half of that colonial rosette. Glad to see you back in the dirt bud

Thanks bud!!!! But I do believe your button beats mine after reading your post about the awesome froglegs!!!�� outstanding find and I am completely jealous!!☺
 
Congrats on some really nice variety. The threaded piece reminds me of a footrest or peg off a bicycle.
Congrats on a nice hunt.

Yeah it does kinda look like that but it is solid brass and completely old��
 
That is one sweet Rifleman's button. Congrats.
 
That button is killer. awesome finds
 
What a great assortment of finds...and the R button is awesome. Congrats!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom