CONFEDERATE WREATH BUCKLE, 1810 LC, and more amazing relics at the "hunted out" site!

Isaac

Oct 11, 2013
Fairfax, Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT All Pro, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
CONFEDERATE WREATH BUCKLE, 1810 LC, and more amazing relics at the "hunted out" site!

Today was fun to say the least! Went back to the "hunted out" site I found the FE, Fat IH and KGII last week. The snow finally melted and it was time for me to hunt the areas I couldn't hit before. Things started out really slow with only one button for my efforts, but eventually I decided to start gridding extremely slowly in between the iron. I immediately got a low tone and popped out a really cool little watch winder! Not 5 minutes later a get a high tone, a perfect coin signal, next to a large rock and saw a nice looking thick rim in the hole! I immediately knew it was going to be a large cent! It wasn't too shabby condition either! The 1810 is very strong on this coin, that made my day! :) A few more buttons surfaced over two hours until things got really quiet. So quiet that I decided to move onto the 1810 standing house nearby. I immediately went into the front yard as the sun was setting, hoping to possibly pluck something out from underneath the fill dirt that was scattered throughout this yard. I first find an aluminum pipe and then get a nasty faint deep signal, it was bouncy but was consistent enough for me to dig. I dig, and dig, and dig... pulled out two massive iron nails... still getting that choppy signal... and finally pulled out a huge chunk of brass. It took me a few seconds to realize what it was and I started trembling!!! :headbang: It was a Wreath to a CS BUCKLE! How amazing is that?!?! I ran around and jumped up and down like a maniac but didn't care. I was having a blast!!! After about 5 minutes of sitting there in awe, I put it away in my backpack and continued digging until I had to go. Between the EMI, trash, and fill dirt at this site, I still found a gorgeous tombac shoe buckle fragment, 4 wheat pennies and a stunning 1892 indian head penny. I can't imagine how to spend a Saturday better than this. :hello2: Thanks so much for reading! I HAVE TO FIND THAT TONGUE!!!!!!!!! There's a very slim chance it's there still, but I will be going back to look for it! :thumbsup::find: HH!!!!!!!

Isaac

225.jpg
229.jpg
228.jpg
226.jpg
227.jpg
224.jpg

Upvote 34

alabama11

Nov 23, 2015
north Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett Frontiersman, Tesoro Ciboli , Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pin Pointer 2, Minelab Equinox 800, Panky.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great work. Outragious recoveries.

UnderMiner

Silver Member
Jul 27, 2014
New York City
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can you say EPIC HUNT?! The relics of the Confederacy are still out there! :treasurechest::thumbsup:

Palmetto

Mar 21, 2009
UpCountry, SC
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus,Teknetics T2, Fisher Goldbug,
Whites 5900/ di Pro sl
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Outstanding-hope that tongue is out there!!!

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great hunt. I wish you much luck in finding the other half of the plate:icon_thumright:

Silvermonkey

Silver Member
Apr 24, 2013
Eastern Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Its amazing what fantastic items are just waiting for a talented detectorist at all those " hunted out" sites. Congratulations on all of your great finds!

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look who's at it again!!!! Great job buddy. I love hunts with a few relics and a coin always feels like it completes the deal

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
ISSAC MAN YOU ARE JUST DIGGING UP SOME NICE FINDS , LIKE THE BUCKLE ...

Bill D. (VA)

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2008
SE Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
F75 SE (land); CZ-21 (saltwater)
Primary Interest:
Other
Glad to see you out moving some dirt again Isaac. That was a killer hunt you had topped off with that awesome wreath buckle. That site appears to still be loaded so hope you can get back out there again soon.

parsonwalker

Bronze Member
Feb 16, 2013
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Modified GI Mine Detector (In the 60s)
Metrotech (In the 70s)
Tesoro Tejon (Now!)
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Man, what a heart-pounder. If you score the other half - there's your THIRD banner!

thrifty76now

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2009
Sunman Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT MINELAB SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Simply amazing hunt you have put together there.Let us know if your later hunts get that other part of the buckle.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome finds Im jelous Ive been to many 'hunted out sites" and I look at it like they just cleaned alot of the top junk out for me I dig alot of faint iffy signals and get some of my best finds. Unless you go behind some one who doesnt pick up the junk stuff they dig. I hate that. Those are great additions to your collection. thanks for the post!!!!!

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look hard for that tongue Bud!!! Same thing happened to me and for two months it consumed me. Finally found it and the sword hook ten feet away. It's a good chance it's there and I hope you can find it. Good luck and keep us posted.

HH, Relic Nut

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sweet finds Isaac. :headbang: 1810 is older than anything I dug.

OP
OP
Isaac

Isaac

Oct 11, 2013
Fairfax, Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT All Pro, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thank you so much everyone!!! I'm looking forward to going back. My plan is to dig every single tone (iron or not) in a 10 foot spiral. :) I'm very excited about this find! I never thought I would find one. At least not at this type of site. HH all.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions