CONFEDERATE WREATH BUCKLE, 1810 LC, and more amazing relics at the "hunted out" site!

Isaac

Oct 11, 2013
Fairfax, Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT All Pro, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
CONFEDERATE WREATH BUCKLE, 1810 LC, and more amazing relics at the "hunted out" site!

Today was fun to say the least! Went back to the "hunted out" site I found the FE, Fat IH and KGII last week. The snow finally melted and it was time for me to hunt the areas I couldn't hit before. Things started out really slow with only one button for my efforts, but eventually I decided to start gridding extremely slowly in between the iron. I immediately got a low tone and popped out a really cool little watch winder! Not 5 minutes later a get a high tone, a perfect coin signal, next to a large rock and saw a nice looking thick rim in the hole! I immediately knew it was going to be a large cent! It wasn't too shabby condition either! The 1810 is very strong on this coin, that made my day! :) A few more buttons surfaced over two hours until things got really quiet. So quiet that I decided to move onto the 1810 standing house nearby. I immediately went into the front yard as the sun was setting, hoping to possibly pluck something out from underneath the fill dirt that was scattered throughout this yard. I first find an aluminum pipe and then get a nasty faint deep signal, it was bouncy but was consistent enough for me to dig. I dig, and dig, and dig... pulled out two massive iron nails... still getting that choppy signal... and finally pulled out a huge chunk of brass. It took me a few seconds to realize what it was and I started trembling!!! :headbang: It was a Wreath to a CS BUCKLE! How amazing is that?!?! I ran around and jumped up and down like a maniac but didn't care. I was having a blast!!! After about 5 minutes of sitting there in awe, I put it away in my backpack and continued digging until I had to go. Between the EMI, trash, and fill dirt at this site, I still found a gorgeous tombac shoe buckle fragment, 4 wheat pennies and a stunning 1892 indian head penny. I can't imagine how to spend a Saturday better than this. :hello2: Thanks so much for reading! I HAVE TO FIND THAT TONGUE!!!!!!!!! There's a very slim chance it's there still, but I will be going back to look for it! :thumbsup::find: HH!!!!!!!

Isaac

225.jpg
229.jpg
228.jpg
226.jpg
227.jpg
224.jpg

Upvote 34

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you so much everyone!!! I'm looking forward to going back. My plan is to dig every single tone (iron or not) in a 10 foot spiral. :) I'm very excited about this find! I never thought I would find one. At least not at this type of site. HH all.
Funny how that happens. The best finds seem to come from the most unexpected places. When I found mine I was moving from point A to point B on a piece of property and moving fast when I got the signal. Inches one way or the other and it would have never happened. Meant to be I guess.

HH, Relic Nut

can

Dec 26, 2015
NC
Detector(s) used
xp DEUS, excal sword,ctx 3030, garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Ain't it funny how the date sometimes the most pronounced detail left? That's a great find considering the copper planchets used during that date was for crap. The wreath buckle is outstanding and an item on my list I doubt I'll ever find because there's not too much CW around me.

Congrats on that killer buckle find

Tommy G

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2015
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some really cool finds for a "hunted out" site!

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fantastic recoveries. Wreath is a killer find.

metaldetkid

Apr 15, 2016
Fayetteville NC
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold, and AT Pro, Ace 400
PINPOINTER: Garrett propointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome job. Would love to get on some ground like that

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread