What's new

Confused!

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Joined
Mar 10, 2007
Messages
6,518
Reaction score
6,925
Golden Thread
0
Location
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I became very confused when I heard
the word "service" used with these agencies:

Internal Revenue 'Service'
Postal 'Service'
Telephone 'Service'
Cable TV 'Service'
Civil 'Service'
City, Provincial & Public 'Service'
Customer 'Service'

This is not what I thought 'service' meant.
But today, I overheard two farmers talking, and one of them said he had hired a bull to 'service' his cows.

BAM!!! It all came into focus.
Now I understand what all those agencies do for us! :icon_thumright:
 
"self service" has always confused me -- if i'm doing it myself --why call it "service" at all ?
 
ivan salis said:
"self service" has always confused me -- if i'm doing it myself --why call it "service" at all ?

Ask a farmer :laughing7:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom