Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Congressman: “It’s My Duty” To Get To The Bottom Of Massive DHS Ammo Buys

“Our law enforcement can’t seem to buy their own ammunition”

Steve Watson
Infowars.com
March 26, 2013

The Californian Congressman heading up a group of Representatives who have demanded an explanation for massive ammunition purchases by the government explained yesterday that he feels duty bound to investigate the matter in a time when many Americans do not trust their government.

Rep. Doug LaMalfa (CA), stated in a Fox News interview that he and fourteen other Congressman wrote to the Department of Homeland Security for answers because Americans deserve an explanation for what is a highly unusual situation.

“There is a big mistrust by many many people of their government these days and so when they ask me to check in on this, I think it is my duty as an elected official, as a representative, to get to the bottom.” LaMalfa told host Megyn Kelly.

“These are just questions that we think are appropriate, need to be asked, and they come from the people across the country.” he added.

LaMalfa explained that the DHS’s explanation so far in its purchase of close to 2 billion hollow point bullets has not been acceptable, describing it as “a heck of a lot of rounds of ammunition and for some very dubious-sounding reasons.”

“…people are wondering why, for example, is the Social Security Administration getting almost 200,000 rounds of hollow point ammunition.” LaMalfa said. “What is it about our social security checks and administration that we have guys toting hollow point around with them?”

“If it’s for target practice, there is an awful lot of hollow point going out to these various agencies, that are not appropriate for target practice because they are much more costly rounds.” The Congressman noted.

“So it’s one thing to have the right people go out and do the practice that they need to do, but I think this is certainly worthy of a series of questions because a lot of people want to know.” he added.

“In this time of sequester where everything is a disaster, do they really have that kind of money to be spending on this amount of ammunition? Especially at a time when they are releasing many hardened criminals across the country.” LaMalfa also noted, referring to the recently uncovered strategy to release hundreds of prisoners in order to meet budget cuts.

The Congressman also pointed to the fact that the ammo buys are contributing to nationwide shortages.

“… all told it’s about 2 billion rounds out there and yes, local law enforcement is having a hard time. They are having to buy from people they know that might have a stash, or other means that really isn’t very professional.” The Congressman said.

“It seems unusual and I think it is sending a wrong message to the people of this nation when they can’t buy their own ammunition. Our law enforcement can’t seem to buy their own ammunition.” he urged.

When asked if he believed the “conspiracy theories” that the government was preparing for civil unrest or intentionally attempting to restrict ammunition supplies, LaMalfa said “Well, that might be reaching a little far,” but added the caveat “There are people making fun of it a little bit, and you are using these words ‘paranoia’, but I think these questions are very appropriate.”

LaMalfa also said that the DHS has acknowledged his letter, and that he is now waiting for the agency to process an official response.

As we reported last week, other members of Congress who have asked similar questions to those posed by LaMalfa have been rebuffed.

Watch the interview:

Congressman: “It’s My Duty” To Get To The Bottom Of Massive DHS Ammo Buys

“Our law enforcement can’t seem to buy their own ammunition”

Steve Watson
Infowars.com
March 26, 2013

The Californian Congressman heading up a group of Representatives who have demanded an explanation for massive ammunition purchases by the government explained yesterday that he feels duty bound to investigate the matter in a time when many Americans do not trust their government.

Rep. Doug LaMalfa (CA), stated in a Fox News interview that he and fourteen other Congressman wrote to the Department of Homeland Security for answers because Americans deserve an explanation for what is a highly unusual situation.

“There is a big mistrust by many many people of their government these days and so when they ask me to check in on this, I think it is my duty as an elected official, as a representative, to get to the bottom.” LaMalfa told host Megyn Kelly.

“These are just questions that we think are appropriate, need to be asked, and they come from the people across the country.” he added.

LaMalfa explained that the DHS’s explanation so far in its purchase of close to 2 billion hollow point bullets has not been acceptable, describing it as “a heck of a lot of rounds of ammunition and for some very dubious-sounding reasons.”

“…people are wondering why, for example, is the Social Security Administration getting almost 200,000 rounds of hollow point ammunition.” LaMalfa said. “What is it about our social security checks and administration that we have guys toting hollow point around with them?”

“If it’s for target practice, there is an awful lot of hollow point going out to these various agencies, that are not appropriate for target practice because they are much more costly rounds.” The Congressman noted.

“So it’s one thing to have the right people go out and do the practice that they need to do, but I think this is certainly worthy of a series of questions because a lot of people want to know.” he added.

“In this time of sequester where everything is a disaster, do they really have that kind of money to be spending on this amount of ammunition? Especially at a time when they are releasing many hardened criminals across the country.” LaMalfa also noted, referring to the recently uncovered strategy to release hundreds of prisoners in order to meet budget cuts.

The Congressman also pointed to the fact that the ammo buys are contributing to nationwide shortages.

“… all told it’s about 2 billion rounds out there and yes, local law enforcement is having a hard time. They are having to buy from people they know that might have a stash, or other means that really isn’t very professional.” The Congressman said.

“It seems unusual and I think it is sending a wrong message to the people of this nation when they can’t buy their own ammunition. Our law enforcement can’t seem to buy their own ammunition.” he urged.

When asked if he believed the “conspiracy theories” that the government was preparing for civil unrest or intentionally attempting to restrict ammunition supplies, LaMalfa said “Well, that might be reaching a little far,” but added the caveat “There are people making fun of it a little bit, and you are using these words ‘paranoia’, but I think these questions are very appropriate.”

LaMalfa also said that the DHS has acknowledged his letter, and that he is now waiting for the agency to process an official response.

As we reported last week, other members of Congress who have asked similar questions to those posed by LaMalfa have been rebuffed.

Watch the interview:

YouTube Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Gvc__urKl88

1 "the DHS’s explanation so far in its purchase of close to 2 billion hollow point bullets" - has dhs purchased 2 billion bullets or do they have a 5 year open purchase order for up to 2 billion bullets?

2 "“What is it about our social security checks and administration that we have guys toting hollow point around with them?”". What law enforcement official DO NOT use hollow point? Speaker is just trying to scare people by throwing out hollow point just like anti gun folks using the term assault weapon. And an entire group within socialized security investigates crime and theft and have full law enforcement duties.

3 "If it’s for target practice, there is an awful lot of hollow point going out to these various agencies, that are not appropriate for target practice because they are much more costly rounds.” The Congressman noted." While they are certainly more expensive it is common and sop for law enforcement officials, etc to practice with the same rounds that they carry.

How is this buying contributing to nationwide shortages?? Maybe shortages of .40 cal or whatever they are buying but it is obviously not causing shortages of other calibers?

Etc etc

But it's nice to see congress spending time pandering to folks instead of fixing the huge problems that this country faces. Maybe they can vote to pass a new holiday while they are at it.

How is this buying contributing to nationwide shortages?? Maybe shortages of .40 cal or whatever they are buying but it is obviously not causing shortages of other calibers?

It takes brass,copper,lead and powder to make other cartridges other than .40 and 9mm.:laughing7:

No shortage of that. I can tell you for a fact we have copper, brass, lead etc coming out the ... Just look at the lme warehouse numbers.

There is a shortage but its not driven by gov buying. It's driven by consumer buying. Folks like people on this website concerned about gov, new regs etc. people just have themselves and their neighbors, etc to blame.

are the ammo manufacturers complaining about selling the product as fast as they can make it? I bet they are laughing all the way to the bank.

I have friends that are cops and they never practice with hollow points, What would be the point?
You are out in left field on this point Stock.

You practice with the ammo you shoot if you are a sniper, expect to shoot long range targets, or a competitive shooter.

The distance police shoot are generally not long range because they generally try not to shoot long range with handguns, the Ammo difference is not that much different.
Good try though.

The cops I talk to do practice with hollow points. So I guess it all depends. Not sure about the "out in left field" comment? That's pretty insulting dont you think?

are the ammo manufacturers complaining about selling the product as fast as they can make it? I bet they are laughing all the way to the bank.

Despite a massive ammo order from the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, shares of Alliant Techsystems (ATK +0.32%) are still down 12% this year. ATK recently announced it was awarded a five-year contract for a maximum of 450 million rounds of .40 caliber ammunition from the DHS and U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement. "We are proud to extend our track record as the prime supplier of .40 caliber duty ammunition for DHS, ICE," said Ron Johnson, President of ATK's Security and Sporting group, in a press release. ATK is an aerospace, defense, and commercial products company with operations in 22 states, Puerto Rico, and internationally.
Maybe not all the way to the bank.

Red James cash...Are you a TeaBagger....
Ahhh Potts, Thank you for announcing your allegiance! You do know that you just hurled a big insult don't you? You know why the Liberals came up with that term? I wonder if I should report you for sexually harassing a Tnet Member?

Or maybe you would like to apologize and delete your post?

Red the word means something different then your political view.

I know onfire but I believe Potts was using it as the political term.

I know onfire but I believe Potts was using it as the political term.

I appreciate your viewpoint on this, but his ignorance (if that is what it is) is not a defense. In my opinion he was trying for a big insult.

Leave it to you to try to find the better side of someone.

I appreciate your viewpoint on this, but his ignorance (if that is what it is) is not a defense. In my opinion he was trying for a big insult.

Leave it to you to try to find the better side of someone.

Gut instinct Dave,it does and has served me well many a time.

I understand Red. Do you mind if I find it insulting? I really cannot stand this reference, and I never heard of it till a few years ago.

I saw another thread where he did the same. I mean, I can't call him a pedophile can I?

I hear a house to house search is planned in 2017 to remove weapons from homes....

I hear a house to house search is planned in 2017 to remove weapons from homes....

Now I get it. You have smoked way too much to know north from south. It is okay, Everything will be here tomorrow.. go get a munchie and a nap...

I understand Red. Do you mind if I find it insulting? I really cannot stand this reference, and I never heard of it till a few years ago.

I saw another thread where he did the same. I mean, I can't call him a pedophile can I?

Youre a friend Dave,you may do what you want to.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back