Considering a new detector

Dean N

Greenie
Jan 5, 2024
York County, PA
Iā€™ve recently decided to get back into metal detecting having not done any in over 20 years. I currently have a Fisher CZ6a and a Minelab Sovereign XS and with all the new advances am considering purchasing a new one. Both are good machines but as Iā€™ve gotten a bit older I want something a bit lighter. My current detectors are a bit heavy to be trying to work for an extended period of time. An hour or two is fine but over that it can get tiring. Iā€™m in the south central Pennsylvania area and Iā€™ll likely be detecting local parks and the occasional trip to the beach. What brands/models would you recommend I look into in the $300 -$600 range? I would appreciate any advice you may want to send my way.

Dean

Upvote 9

Bucketfreak68

Feb 11, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab X- Terra 305
Nokta Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thank you all for the responses and information, I truly appreciate it. I ended up going with a Legend and am impatiently waiting for the weather to warm up a bit and the snow to melt so I can get out and give this machine a try.
Ha!!!
I knew it, I know this is an older post but wanted to let you know you are in for a big surprise this detector has not disappointed me at all...
So congrats on the new detector.
No one has said anything that I saw but you will want to go and download the manual from the Nokta web site as I doubt that the printed manual you got with it is up to date with the 1.11 firmware.
You mentioned beech detecting so I'll include a good video link that might interest you as there seems to be some hidden settings or one that might be helpful to know about.

Happy hunting...

OP
OP
Dean N

Dean N

Greenie
Jan 5, 2024
York County, PA
Ha!!!
I knew it, I know this is an older post but wanted to let you know you are in for a big surprise this detector has not disappointed me at all...
So congrats on the new detector.
No one has said anything that I saw but you will want to go and download the manual from the Nokta web site as I doubt that the printed manual you got with it is up to date with the 1.11 firmware.
You mentioned beech detecting so I'll include a good video link that might interest you as there seems to be some hidden settings or one that might be helpful to know about.

Happy hunting...

Thanks for the information. The user manual did come with the 1.11 firmware update. I have not yet watched your video but am planning to watch it today.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread