What's new

contact period items (postem)

GatorBoy

Gold Member
Joined
May 28, 2012
Messages
14,812
Reaction score
6,156
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There was alot going on in this relatively short period of time throughout North America. it hasn't been often if ever I've seen a thread devoted to the artifacts of this period. I like these items because they are the artifacts of a time of tremendous change. Sometimes I wish they could speak.
Here I have some worked bottle glass a rolled copper spear point and the few trade beads I have found.
 

Attachments

  • ForumRunner_20130215_164658.webp
    ForumRunner_20130215_164658.webp
    24 KB · Views: 267
  • ForumRunner_20130215_164937.webp
    ForumRunner_20130215_164937.webp
    32 KB · Views: 202
Last edited:
Upvote 0
These are the actual artifacts.
Morrow Mountain projectile point 5-7 thousands years old

ForumRunner_20130621_140140-1.webp

Hafted end scraper

ForumRunner_20130621_140140-2.webp
 
thank you for your opinion.
 
Your welcome..it's just my opinion
It is what it is.. good luck with your hunts.
 
Be nice and dont scare him away. We need all the posters we can get.
 
Be nice and dont scare him away. We need all the posters we can get.

"BOO!"
I'm not going to dole out incorrect information Or purposely withhold facts for the sake of making everyone happy... that's only a disservice in the long run.
 
Last edited:
Thank you and same to you. The free and open exchange of ideas...that's what makes it work!
 
:-) you got it!
 
"BOO!"
I'm not going to dole out incorrect information Or purposely withhold facts for the sake of making everyone happy... that's only a disservice in the long run.

Everyone remember to play by the rules.......:thumbsup:

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
 
Last edited:
Her. And I am not easily scared!
 
Jon,
That point in buffalo bone is one of the coolest thing I have seen here...you have some really nice stuff. Thanks for posting it!!
BCI
Here is an iron trade point in a buffalo bone....






Some trade beads from the "Harney Massacre"/Trading Post Attack along the Caloosahatchee River.....




Some Fort Brooke (Tampa) stuff that includes some drilled Spanish silver, trade beads, and shell plummets.



 
Here's what I'm going to do here.....most of the Native Americans were killed off here by the early 1700's.I like to detect colonial sites so what I'm going to post will be maily items that date 17th -18th century with a few finds I made that dated 16th century.With out a doubt Natives would have been around when most of these items were lost.All found by me....................
Take Care,
Pete,:hello:
 

Attachments

  • 101.webp
    101.webp
    65.7 KB · Views: 76
  • DSCN0596[1][1][1].webp
    DSCN0596[1][1][1].webp
    44.1 KB · Views: 73
  • DSCN0608[1][1][1].webp
    DSCN0608[1][1][1].webp
    110.2 KB · Views: 78
  • DSCN0610[1][1][1].webp
    DSCN0610[1][1][1].webp
    104.9 KB · Views: 69
  • DSCN0614[1][1].webp
    DSCN0614[1][1].webp
    193.9 KB · Views: 73
  • 102.webp
    102.webp
    76.9 KB · Views: 81
  • 103.webp
    103.webp
    75.7 KB · Views: 74
  • 104.webp
    104.webp
    83.5 KB · Views: 83
  • 105.webp
    105.webp
    84.4 KB · Views: 78
  • 106.webp
    106.webp
    76.6 KB · Views: 78
  • 111.webp
    111.webp
    58.5 KB · Views: 84
  • 110.webp
    110.webp
    52.6 KB · Views: 69
  • 109.webp
    109.webp
    55 KB · Views: 80
  • 108.webp
    108.webp
    76.8 KB · Views: 74
  • 107.webp
    107.webp
    78.9 KB · Views: 73
  • 112.webp
    112.webp
    50.1 KB · Views: 69
  • 113.webp
    113.webp
    33.7 KB · Views: 79
More......
 

Attachments

  • 117.webp
    117.webp
    59.8 KB · Views: 86
  • 116.webp
    116.webp
    60.5 KB · Views: 87
  • 115.webp
    115.webp
    37.6 KB · Views: 75
  • 114.webp
    114.webp
    34.3 KB · Views: 76
  • 122.webp
    122.webp
    37.7 KB · Views: 68
  • 121.webp
    121.webp
    41.6 KB · Views: 77
  • 120.webp
    120.webp
    83.6 KB · Views: 91
  • 119.webp
    119.webp
    40.8 KB · Views: 78
  • 118.webp
    118.webp
    55.3 KB · Views: 68
  • 126.webp
    126.webp
    56.6 KB · Views: 72
  • 125.webp
    125.webp
    57.4 KB · Views: 86
  • 124.webp
    124.webp
    31 KB · Views: 81
  • 123.webp
    123.webp
    37.4 KB · Views: 80
All I can say is wow..it looks just like my items from the same period..only more of some of it.
Nice job you've done!
 
Here is a recent beach find of an olive jar rim from a 1715 fleet shipwreck.
The few survivors of this wreck in a hurricane on July 31st 1715 encountered a almost decimated population of Ais tribe members as compared to earlier years when they were the largest tribe in the state.
 

Attachments

  • ForumRunner_20130622_100211.webp
    ForumRunner_20130622_100211.webp
    58.1 KB · Views: 94
  • ForumRunner_20130622_100401.webp
    ForumRunner_20130622_100401.webp
    77.7 KB · Views: 84
A couple silver Spanish cob coins from the same wreck all dated 1714 or prior.

DSC00609.webp
 
A couple silver Spanish cob coins from the same wreck all dated 1714 or prior.

View attachment 817584

A couple? Did you find those or just using it for comparison? Nice thread you got. I dont have anything to add but do enjoy reading and looking.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom