What's new

conversation with a buddy this morning

cyberdan

Silver Member
Joined
Dec 12, 2006
Messages
4,599
Reaction score
2,232
Golden Thread
0
Location
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I get to work a little early this AM and see a fellow worker. we always discuss the latest on Pawn stars and american pickers.

He tells me about his 30 something daughter who used to work at a bank. (he knows I look for coins but not as a CRHer) Yesterday his daughter visited her old bank to see some friends. One of her friends had gotten some $5 silver certificates and had been saving them for her. When there, the subject turned to customers coming in and asking for coins. All her teller friends were complaining that is is the worst it has ever been. :tongue3: (But I do not think they put 2 and 2 together and figuered out they were silver hunters.)
 
Upvote 0
I am sure. I have noticed a lot of the cheerful tellers of the past seem bothered when you ask them for coin. Would be interesting to talk to one and see what the numbers are really like.
 
We just need to bring the donuts and assorted sweets in more often.............................
 
thurmownator said:
We just need to bring the donuts and assorted sweets in more often.............
Please, not for my teller. Too much cooscoos already. :o
TELLER.webp
 
thurmownator said:
We just need to bring the donuts and assorted sweets in more often.............................

Why does everyone think it is such a good idea to bribe a teller to do their JOB??

Which technically may or may not be even legal, though I doubt you will ever get arrested for it. (I believe I read somewhere that bribing someone at a bank for a favor or favorable treatment is illegal.)

I'll admit to having never given anything to any teller with the exception of free advice and possibly trading in some Ikes once because she wanted some for her kids or something or other (I forget), but even then it was purely even exchange not a gift.
 
GMan00001 said:
thurmownator said:
We just need to bring the donuts and assorted sweets in more often.............................

Why does everyone think it is such a good idea to bribe a teller to do their JOB??

Which technically may or may not be even legal, though I doubt you will ever get arrested for it. (I believe I read somewhere that bribing someone at a bank for a favor or favorable treatment is illegal.)

I'll admit to having never given anything to any teller with the exception of free advice and possibly trading in some Ikes once because she wanted some for her kids or something or other (I forget), but even then it was purely even exchange not a gift.

GMan -

You'd be surprised to see what happens when you "prime the pump". :wink:
 
Have had many tellers tell me people are coming in everyday asking, one told me as many as 8 in one day come into her Bank- any halves she gets are usually gone in an hour or 2 she said.
 
not many other crh'er are around my part of town...tho 4 some reason, my boxes r horrible compared to everyone elses, i dont know why??? :dontknow: :icon_scratch:
keep it up and hh!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom