What's new

Cool find! Antique Sterling silver poison ring!

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2013
Messages
4,206
Reaction score
8,025
Golden Thread
1
Location
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rainy and cool today, which made it a perfect day to metal detect! I found $2.21 in clad (23 coins) and a Sterling silver ring in about an hour of detecting. Not a spectacular day, but the ring is really neat. Looks to be an antique poison or snuff ring. The cover is missing, but it still has the hinge and latch for the cover attached. Wish I could have found the cover, but still an interesting find.

DSC06264.webpDSC06256.webpDSC06258.webp
 
Upvote 40
I was hoping for the Metal Band Poison ring, but that one is cool too! Cheers Tim
 
Unusual ring congrats on a nice find
 
Tim,

Good going on the ring...you'd think the lid would be in the general area might be worth a return trip.

Regards + HH

Bill
 
I have seen them intact on here also. Very nice find. Having the cover would be awesome but at least you know what it is.
 
more like coke ring
 
Very cool ring. Congrats!
 
I'm sure you could have a jeweler put a cover on it it looks like it would be worth it nice finds Thanks for sharing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
Good going on the ring...you'd think the lid would be in the general area might be worth a return trip

My thoughts exactly. This spot is full of trash, so I was hunting in coin mode. If the weather's decent, I'll go back tomorrow and dig every signal in that area. I need to find that cover! It could even have a stone on the top of the cover, which would make it a really wild ring!
 
Very cool ring, congratulations! :occasion14:
 
Neat find, now go find the lid! Wouldn't that be cool?
 
Neat find, now go find the lid! Wouldn't that be cool

Yup, I need that lid! Could be nearby, but you never know. Safe to say, I'll be digging a lot of iffy signals tomorrow!
 
Looks like a good day to me... Very neat find. You might end up catching that lid later
 
Congrats! That ring is very cool. -Lisa & John
 
Very cool find !
 
Update! Went back today and dug 53 targets at the spot, but no silver lid for the ring. Did find 38 clad coins for a total of $3.23. I'm not giving up, but I'll have to wait until next Saturday to try again. It's on the grounds of an old elementary school, so I can't go before next weekend.

I did find a neat pewter button, though. Not sure how old it is, but it does have a nice design:

DSC06270.webpDSC06271.webp
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom