COOL OLD LITTLE BUTTON

basque-man

Silver Member
Sep 26, 2014
W. Nevada / N. CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus; Minelab E-Trac; Son (Wyatt) uses XP Deus!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So work has taken most of my time away from swinging and I had enough. Went out last night till about 0400 this am in the desert in one of our favorite ghost towns. We have hammered this place for over ten years with lots of great finds but anyway; I started walking around the outer areas and I found this gold gilted button I thought was cavalry button since we have lots of them from this area.

It about the size of a cuff button when I first found it and then when I checked the back.....No Shank and no thing at all!! I have attached some pictures and any info would be great. There is no lettering on the back side.

Thanks!!!!

cav1.jpg

cav2.jpg

cav3.jpg

cav4.jpg

nhbenz

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2004
Brentwood, NH
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SL
White's Surf P.I.
Perhaps from the side of a model 1895 or 1902 Staff Officer's garrison cap? (chinstrap button). I'm not sure how they were attached back then, but it seems to me whatever the thing is on the back doesn't look like like it was from a coat (but there's a lot I haven't seen).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
basque-man

basque-man

Silver Member
Sep 26, 2014
W. Nevada / N. CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus; Minelab E-Trac; Son (Wyatt) uses XP Deus!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We were leaning towards a hat piece. I just have never seen one and seem to can't find a picture of one!! Thanks for the info......

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread